Atlanta Miniature Show (NAME)

KathieB

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tracy, I would love to hear from your son about his trip to Alaska. It's a business trip for me, but luckily they have "mobile workshops" that will take us thru the Alaskan Native Village and one trip will take us north to Talkeetna, and one where we will travel south for a tour of the Kenai Fjords. So will be able to see a good bit. So in between these mobile workshops I must sit thru a few boring workshops on personnel, budget and homeland security issues. But well worth it to be able to go and have DH go with me.

At the show I'm looking for bargains or will have to save money for my trip, but I love to look and get ideas. Last year I bought several of the vegetables from a lady just so I could have them for models for when I hope to try to make some on my own.

Also, last year they had grab bags available to buy and I lucked upped and got 2 that had some nice little accessory type things. Hopefully they will have some of the HOM kits available like last year also. See Holly is not the only one that thinks cheap. LOL

:popcorn: Do I need to sharpen my elbows to knock the two of you aside on my way to the bargain table?? :monkeydance:

I'm packed, leaving for the airport in the morning, will be in Atlanta for lunch. Can't wait for Saturday!

:popcorn: Do I need to sharpen my elbows to knock the two of you aside on my way to the bargain table?? :monkeydance:

I'm packed, leaving for the airport in the morning, will be in Atlanta for lunch. Can't wait for Saturday!

That might be rather inauspiscious end to a budding mini friendship... Last year there was plenty to go around!

Have a great time all of you! Feeling a little envious here, but living vicariously through your excitement. I can't wait to see what y'all find! :monkeydance:

You and me both!!!

Have lots and lots of fun! Can't wait for you to get back so that we can see what you found!

HUGS

Oh I really want to go, I had the nerve block done today instead of friday. If it wasnt for the wedding I would try to go but we really need to save. I know I would spend lots of money, and I need it for the honeymoon.

Y'all have lots of fun and stay out of trouble. lol ;)

I didn't *know* there would be a bargain table! Count me in! There's not really anything in particular I am looking for or need, but I always need bargains!

Hopefully my son will still be coming. He was invited yesterday to go to his friend's house and "hang out and eat cake" for his birthday. I guess once you turn 13 it's not cool to have parties anymore. We haven't been given a time yet, and I told them we wouldn't be home until after 3, so hopefully they'll take that into consideration. He really wants to come, but of course the friend will win out over Mom if the times conflict.

See y'all Saturday! ;)

Allison, I totally understand. When DH & I married, it started out as just us planning things. We were finishing up at University, and practically at the last minute bot sets of parents jumped in to make it a "real" wedding (but with too little time to make it Godzilla''s wedding!). You'll be missed, but next year when the novelty's worn off you can come!

Tracy, you were included in that raid on the bargain table Kathie described. I don't remember if they had anything particularly for children last year, but your son is bound to find something to catch his eye.

We've been packing things into the car all day. In honor of the trip, DH took the car through the carwash Tuesday, and yesterday I put on new bumper stickers and he added the chrome trim we'd bought for it two years ago and put "away".

What a grand day! Gayle snagged a great table in a quiet corner of the restaurant and we all had a wonderful visit with breakfast. The show was small but had some lovely exhibit pieces, and there was a nice variety of vendors. I bought two grab bags and ended up with a lot of nice stuff. I have photos but can't post until I get home mid-week.

Kathie examined a wonderful little witch but suddenly put it down. When I went by the table I understood why she put it back, the price tag was $525.00. I nearly had a heart attack myself.

The pre-show breakfast meeting was too short, I could have spent the entire show time just chatting with everyone. We had a great time together and it was so nice to be able to match faces and names. Thank you Dean and Greenleaf for bringing us all together. What a great place this is.

The show was outstanding and I managed to pick up grab bags, silk for some drapes, dishes and several small bags of HOM hardware. I probably spent more than I should have but it was fun.

I agree we had a good time. It was soooo nice to meet everyone. Here is a pic taken by DH of our members post-70-1222565192_thumb.jpg I was so good and walked away spending only $6. Bought 2 grab bags that had some really neat things and two used books on architecture, which is a short coming of mine. Holly is sitting here next to me and will post her goodies and thoughts next.

BTW, the anniversary party was real nice also.

Oh, in the picture is me, KathieB, Tracy, Holly and Gayle