Atlanta Miniature Show (NAME)

KathieB

Corwin, you know from the Edmonton show just how much fun it is to put faces and voices with names and find out that the real people are even nicer in person!!!

I resisted the grabbags, but as soon as Peggi pointed me at the bargain table I found several useful books. I found one dealer that had all sorts of things and I got lasercut set of hinges and lock for a trunk, two candles to replace the ones the mice took from the upright piano, a wee little pincushion for my sewing table and a glass cakestand and dome for some of my cakes. Then I got into REAL trouble! DH met and struck up a conversation with a mini woodturner; the table across from his had several artisan pieces, and I HAD to get the little Jumeaux bebe with brown ringlets amd a pink dress & bow for Sarah Small, who will live in the Pierce when it's rehabbed. When I gritted my teeth to pay for it the dealer had given me a 20% discount! Then the table adjacent to the turner's had a box of pieces marked 50% off and I got a pedestal table with a shaped top inlaid with wee lozenge-shaped bits of wood veneers. Last of all I found a perfect little bowl turned from osage orange wood, the grain is gorgeous and if Peggi can figure out her camera's macro I'm going to ask her to post pictures of the three items. As we were headed out the door DH found me a lasercut kit to make a 1:144 scale gazebo!

In addtion to the five of us in the picture I got to meet Gayle's DH, Kathie's sister and Tracy's son.

After we left we explored a bit toward Norcross, finding an Indian shopping mall and found a grocery where I was able to find the special ingredients to make pulau that our Indian grocery store in Tallahassee don't carry.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, we had a blast! I had my son, Lawson, with me, and he had such a good time too. He kept telling me over and over how glad he was he came and thanking me for bringing him. And he got so much attention from the vendors. They loved seeing him there, and we heard so many stories about how their sons used to help them when they were little.

I wasn't quite as restrained as the others in buying things, but, I was buying for 2 people, plus using birthday money, so that's okay, right?

Lawson got an "apartment building" (NOT a dollhouse, mind you, he is 12!) for only $10. He is so excited, and already planning things to make for it. Now he has his own building to decorate! He also bought 3 grab bags, that had lots of neat things in them. I thought maybe he would share, but now I'm thinking maybe I should have picked out my own grab bags.

I got mostly just odd and end things. Dishes, peppermint candies, a turtle, teeny tiny rocks, fabric, bed and sheets, and a turkey dinner. My "big" thing I got was a beautiful little table made from a slice of a geode. It's so pretty, and I've never seen anything like it.

We spent 4 hours at the show. I am so glad we went. It was so nice meeting everyone here from too! Everyone was all so super sweet! Lawson kept talking about y'all all afternoon. He going to try making pumpkins this week, and he said if he gets good at them he'll bring you all pumpkins next year!

We'll spread everything out tomorrow and take pictures.

Tracy

What a wonderful day it must have been THANK you all for sharing it with the rest of us! I feel like being there so to speak :blink:

It also looks like you all found grea treasures and I can't wait to see them in their scenes/settings later on!

Hugs

Ooh, I forgot I promised pictures today!

Lawson's Stuff

post-3297-1222652948_thumb.jpg post-3297-1222652986_thumb.jpg post-3297-1222653009_thumb.jpg

All of this is grab bag stuff, except the hutch which was a door prize. There are lots of neat beads and shells and other doo-dads.

My Stuff

post-3297-1222653023_thumb.jpg

The things to the left are fabric and flower kits. On the far right is the table with the stone top.

We all love our mini shows don't we, If i could i would like to go to one in the states or England, one of these days. I like the Edmonton show Because you don't have to spend a lot to come home with heaps of stuff. :)

The pictures are great and thanks to you all for sharing them with us.

Tracy, you and your son picked up some really neat items. Love the building and the table.

I've seen pics of Gayle's silk material and wow, it sure looks beautiful.

Any more pictures??

Gayle, you lucky DOG!!! Finding all those SCMs! I'm uploading the pictures Peggi took for me of the artisan items I got, since God only knows when I'll finish the roll I took. I took pictures of the other things with my camera, but here's what most of my money went for:

A Jumeau bebe doll for Sarah Small and a turned osage orange bowl for the pedestal table with an inlay top

gallery_8_2334_16386.jpg

and here's the doll's doll's back

gallery_8_2334_13915.jpg

And here's the table I'll be putting the bowl on

gallery_8_2334_14470.jpg

and here's the table's top

gallery_8_2334_13386.jpg

Holly, I didn't get all the books that were on display. There were at least 6 others...
Oh, Gayle, I'm just pulling your chain! The SCMs were long gone by the time I got back where the bargain table was, but I did find some books on flower arrangements & furniture I can use.

Oh gosh! I didn't know about the show until I was up at PJ's on friday and heard. Dern! Look at all those famous ('infamous'? :wave: ) GL personalities I want to meet someday!

Who won the top Visa award (credit card is still in recovery room)?

Finally got my photos out of the camera ...

The round up of the regular suspects (Peggi, Kathie, Tracy, Holly, & Gayle). Lawson really should have been there with us!:

The stuff I bought:

Grab Bag goodies -- I bought two:

Hmm that looks like Thelma the bear's relative in that bottom picture :welcome: Great stuff by the way!

So Atlanta is where cousin Thad has been living ... now he lives in Missouri. :D