Is the site acting sluggish for anyone else

Peggi

The last few days I've notice it taking longer and longer to open posts and for pictures to show. Has anyone else had this problem?

Also when I just added a post it gave me the message that page couldn't be displayed but ended up posting the message twice. I've notice a couple of other post being added twice so I'm assuming someone else had the same problem.

Peggi

Any help solving this would be appreciated, I've cleaned my computer files and defragged, but if it is my computer I'd appreciate help on it to. LOL

It's been slow for me as well. I haven't been able to post as much as I would like because I've been getting the same error message as Peggi. Today isn't so bad, but yesterday and the day before were quite snail-like.

It isn't acting sluggish for me right now, but it is acting odd. Like, I'll come to the home page here and it tells me I have 1 new message. So I go to check, but there no new message. I refresh the page, and it says I have 0 new messages. Then I leave the forum and go somewhere else and then I come back, and it tells me again I have 1 new message. I check it, no new message ...

Not sluggish here either but weird...when I click on my assistant the pop up isn't where it tells you what new posts have been made but instead it opens the homepage again...maybe it will go away tomorrow :):)

The last few days I've notice it taking longer and longer to open posts and for pictures to show.  Has anyone else had this problem?

Also when I just added a post it gave me the message that page couldn't be displayed but ended up posting the message twice. 

when I click on my assistant the pop up isn't where it tells you what new posts have been made but instead it opens the homepage again

I'm sorry about the problems everyone is having. The forum seems to performing properly. I did a little maintenance that I hope will help. Please continue to post performance issues here and I'll hunt down the problem.

Thanks for your patience!

Dean

It's not just you Linda. The forum has died on me several times in the past half and hour. I think I am going to log off soon because I am NOT feeling the love. It's so frustrating when I can't open the threads, boo-hoo :lol:

Earlier, I had more problems than I'm having now but it has been acting strange lately. I thought it was my computer, but even when I check the forum at work which has a T1 connection it is really slow.

Peggi

Thanks Peggi and Cat! Sometimes when I come back from the other house, other people have been playing on my computer and it becomes disobedient for me, so it's hard for me to tell! I will alert administration!

We have dial-up & beween our "wonderful" phone service & our ISP we get neat stuff like the connection suddenly being dropped without warning (neither of us tries to call out without checking to see if the other is online), sometimes the dialup speed is in the single digits, etc; so I wouldn't have noticed a site problem. Thanks for the heads up.

Wanna know a really weird random feature? I changed my avatar a few days ago and from all the computers online in our house (not just the one where I uploaded the .gif), I see cats eyes. But when I'm at work, I see the Pierce, weirdly distorted. It's not a cached page either, coz I've tried it on a couple of different computers at work. Very weird and yet kind of interesting in a geeky sort of way. :lol: So, what are ya'll seeing as my avatar? Is it a wide and fat Pierce, or is it two blinking green eyes?

Deb

I see cats eyes.  But when I'm at work, I see the Pierce, weirdly distorted.

Hi Deb! Next time you run across this, try hitting ctrl-F5 for a hard refresh. I see the cat eyes.

I'm sorry to hear about the other problems. I'll run some maintenance today and hopefully it will help. Please keep me posted.

Wanna know a really weird random feature?  I changed my avatar a few days ago and from all the computers online in our house (not just the one where I uploaded the .gif), I see cats eyes.  But when I'm at work, I see the Pierce, weirdly distorted.  It's not a cached page either, coz I've tried it on a couple of different computers at work.  Very weird and yet kind of interesting in a geeky sort of way.  :lol:  So, what are ya'll seeing as my avatar?  Is it a wide and fat Pierce, or is it two blinking green eyes?

Deb

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I tried to change my avatar earlier this week, and it kept returning to my old one. Once I got a distorted version of the new pic, but then it went back to the old one. So I'm keeping the old one, I guess.

I see cat eyes too, and your sugarplum Cuppa-Tea.

I did notice in the chat room last night that after a few minutes it would just stop and then I would get a bunch of posts at once. I would be able to post for a min and then it would stop again and then quit. Any ideas? If I leave and come back it is okay for awhile but it comes back.

I see cat eyes too, and your sugarplum Cuppa-Tea.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is so wierd!!!! I still see the lightkeepers house.

Deb, I see cats eyes but they don't blink. I have dialup. I'm guessing the smilies do fun things too, but I see them as still images.