New Mckinley

I just wanted to share pictures of the Mckinley I am building right now. I had a really big challenge with the roof this time because I made it flat in the attic and raised the height in the attic on the left side by 3" so that a grown up doll could walk over on that side with out hunching over. I thought it would be easier also to decorate with higher ceilings.

I know there are several of us working on one of these now? Do you all have any Progress pictures or pictures of what you have done so far? Here are mine:

2155195140037881673S425x425Q85.jpg

Click the picture to see the album.

I did a lot of bashing to this house :)

Thanks Wendy! I did a Lot of bashing to this one. Some of the bashing is subtle. Here is a list of changes I have made:

I flipped the kitchen wall so that the door was in the front of the house.

I also moved that kitchen wall over by 2"

I bashed the fireplace (changed the design) & I added a little nook/shelf by the stair part of it

I bashed the tower up front and made it pointy

I raised the attic rooms and bashed the roof line by doing this

I made the bay window roof in the back of the house point and not flat

I bashed the front door to make it look similar to the design of the Glecroft door

That's all of the changes I can think of for now :)

Tracy,

Love your McKinley! It's Beautiful! I love how this house looks so different with each person who builds it! I've posted some new pics of my Ms. McKinley in my gallery. :welcome:

Thank you all for your sweet words!!! Paula, your Mckinley is Beautiful!!! I Love it! Yours look kinda like the one I did about 2 years ago! After I did the Pierce though, I wish I had a pointy roof on it :welcome: I think I am gonna make myself a new Mckinley for me and sell my other one (Or give it to my daughters) It's packed away right now cause we were supposed to move soon. I Miss it!! I love how you decorated it and you even left out your stairs!! I did too on mine. Do you have any dolls that live in there yet?

Thanks Tracy!

The stairs are there I just reversed them with the fireplace. I didn't want the dining area to be right at the fireplace. No, I don't have any dolls that live here, at least not yet. My children have me decorating the top rooms similar to their real ones. These are their mini bedrooms! :welcome:

we were supposed to move soon.
"Were"? Does that mean your new houseis or isn't finished? This is already two years overdue, no?

I do like this McKinley better than the other one, although the Webshots site acts like it's trying to eat my computer...

I wanted to say thanks to all the kind words about my McKinley. I've had a rather crappy day today, but reading ya'lls comments lifted my spirits and made me smile. See what mini's and good people can do for you! :D

Paula

The McKinley is such a nice house to build, because it has lovely lines and inspires us to do it proud! Paula, I really like how you switched the stairs, it reminds me of a house we looked at when we moved to Coshocton, OH (without the tower!lol).

Paula, I LOVE what you did with your McKinley! Changing the staircase around is a stroke of genius! And the bathroom is fabulous! And the skylight over the bedroom on the left in the attic is vunderbar!

Tracy as always your work is EXQUISITE! I love the soft look you have given this beautiful wall-hung! I love the McKinley! So versatile!

I love the steeper pitch to the roof. I shall have to try again to get your album to download, my dialup doesn't seem to like Webshots too much. I don't trust the way our monitor displays colors, your trim has a purplish quality and the door looks ORANGE in contrast. I'll try again later on the link, but the lines are gorgeous!

Both your McKinley's are fabulous! Paula, cool idea with the stairs, and Tracy your stonework and roofwork is wonderful!

I have really begun to love the McKinley after seeing some of the great ones around here!