Weird Weather

LPCullen

We are having some weird weather tonight. Very high winds. My kittens all hid, but now two of them are in the house. Tobi was watching the swirling leaves on the back porch though the sliding glass doors. Wind blew so hard it blew my table and chairs clear across the front porch.

It's now starting to rain, and according to the weather man, it is supposed to ugly downpours and thunderstorms. Yuck. The wind made me nervous enough, but heavy heavy rain too?

What's everyone else's weather like?

Our weather here was sunny today... but it changes so often even the weathermen don't get it right! We had such a bad storm last month that it blew my dad's car port that he usually parked his truck under up on one end and up into the neighbors tree! If the tree hadn't been there... who knows where it would have gone! So we were out in the pouring rain - coming down sideways no less trying to pull this monster out of a tree - well life aint dull! And neither has our weather been this year. One day pouring the next day its sunshine and shorts weather - then cold and wet again. This year has been really odd.

-David

Linda you must be getting the rain that just left us here in GA. Here it has just been to warm for January, usually this is the coldest month and so far the temp has ranged in the 50's and 60s. Last week we had really bad thunderstorms and tornados hit in some neighboring counties. Now they are talking that N. Ga may get snow in the morning so we never know what to expect weather wise lately.

Peggi

My MIL is in Paducah, Ky and said they had a simply glorious thunderstorm there the other night. All we've been getting here is wind. Lots and lots of wind. :mellow: Wind stretches my nerves to the breaking point. I'd give about anything to be able to step out into a warm and gentle rain right now. Sometimes, I just *need* to be rained on.

Deb

We are having some weird weather tonight. Very high winds. My kittens all hid, but now two of them are in the house. Tobi was watching the swirling leaves on the back porch though the sliding glass doors. Wind blew so hard it blew my table and chairs clear across the front porch.

It's now starting to rain, and according to the weather man, it is supposed to ugly downpours and thunderstorms. Yuck. The wind made me nervous enough, but heavy heavy rain too?

What's everyone else's weather like?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is the weather we are haveing right now cold high winds rain and its suppose to turn to snow later BUT for January its very warm 47-58 is warm for here it is usually below 0.

Lyn

You sound like you live in Southern California like me!! :wacko: During the day its been about 78-84 but in the morning. Man its been cold. All week i've had to scrap ice off my windows so I could drive to work! :mellow: Who would have thought that would happen in San Diego! :huh:

Well THAT SETTLES IT!!! Half of us go to Melanie's house and half of us go to Jennifer's house! Hope you two have room for all of us!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

COME ON OVER! THE MORE THE MERRIER!!!! :mellow:

Here in Colorado, Snow in the high country great for the ski bums

Down in Denver high 60's and no moisture in sight not good for the trees. but great for walks . This morning at 4:00 am we had wind clocked at 70 mph. took a big pine tree down and left 4 mile radics without electricty.

That the weather here live from Colorado

Donna

I'm late to this one, but on 1/14 in Sebring, FL, we had high temp in the low 50s, sunny to partly cloudy and WIND such that at times peddiling our tandem as hard as we could we couldn't get over 8 mph. 1/15 was gloriously sunny & high 60s. By the time we were in Tampa 1/18 it never got up to the 60s all day. By the weekend it was lovely warm 60s & low 70s through Monday, when we finally got spotty rainstorms coming home. Now we have overnight lows forecast tomorrow & Thursday in the 20s, which is more normal for us in N FL panhandle for Jan.

We've had some really strange weather too this year. Yesterday we had winds up to 40-45 miles per hour and it was cloudy all day with a little bit of snow. Today it's still a bit windy but the sun is shining and it's rather pleasant. I had a nice walk with the dogs!

It was a balmy 46 degrees here in the valley and overcast. Looks like it might rain...

Sometimes, I just *need* to be rained on.

Deb

Me too! We don't get nearly enough rain here for my tastes, but that's what I get for living in the desert.

Still having weird weather here also, did any of you have extremely heavy fog this weekend? I went to a wedding about normally 30 minutes from home but driving back the fog was so heavy the only way to drive was by the lines on the highway, you literally couldn't see but maybe 4 feet in front--took over an hour to get home.

Peggi

The wind never bothered me when I lived in Maryland. I actually enjoyed it. Since moving here though, the wind sets my teeth on edge and I get very irritable. I think it has to do with the vibration of the windows.

Don't like snow. Or ice

Us, either. I LOVE being back in FL, especially where we are in the Panhandle, we get Spring flowers & Fall color, but very little in the way of snow or ice, and it never lasts.

Today was clear & sunny, so we went for a ride and I put 18 miles on my new tricycle, but it was both cold & windy. Also, the trike is very low to the ground with recumbent seating & pedaling, I'll need a headrest if I put in much more distance, also the pedals are out in front so instead of stepping down to pedal I'm constantly pushing out. It does wonders for the muscles in the butt & legs, but very painful in the shoulders without support, plus my toes keep going numb & after every five or six miles I have to pull over & unclip from the pedlas to let my feet hang down until feeling returns.

The dog is in & we're all huddled in with the heat on as the temp dips down to the 20s :angry: ; tomorrow ought to be a good day to finish cleaning the workroom so I can finally start on the McKinley.

• 2 weeks later...

Getting more weird weather today. Half the mountain has clouds, and the other half has sun, and it switches back and forth. It'll pour down rain for a few minutes, and the sun comes out and the wind starts blowing. Then it clouds up and pours down rain for a few minutes, and then the sun comes out andthe wind starts blowing. It's been doing that all day today. Giving me an awful headache!

We had some of your rain, Melanie, we're in Oviedo and went over to Winter Garden this AM to check out the Catrike Rally, wound up finding the factory & no one had ridden because of the rain. We're close to the N Seminole Trail, so we'll ride in the AM.