Weird Weather

LPCullen

We came home from Oviedo (NE of Orlando) without riding the Seminole Trail, it was too cold. A week ago we were in the Ocala National Forest paddling our tandem kayak up the Silver River to Silver Springs (they still run glass-bottomed boats), but the bottom of the springs is beginning to fill up with weed. I don't know if your waterways are begining to fill up with hydrilla, but it's really worse than duckweed for ruining the waterways for fish, etc. At least the river itself was full of fish (and birds, and 'gators, and even some feral monkey troops coming to the banks to watch the boats). The weather both Friday and Saturday was warm, sunny and gorgeous.

Sunday we paddled the Oklawaha River and the weather was cloudy, drizzly and the high was 60. Monday was cold, Tuesday was murky and we went to Sun City Center to visit DMIL before coming home. Wednesday was gorgeous again & 80, so we rode bike/ trike to the manatee viewing facility at the Tampa Electric plant at Apollo Beach; there were two manatees already there, and the Lowery Zoo taff released two more thay had been treating, one for prop injuries & another for illness. We were so unused to the weather we forgot to put on sunscreen (I usually use spf 45), so we were red & sore when we got back, 22+ miles later. Then it rained all day Thursday so we stopped part way home & returned to the house today, again sunny; more rain for tomorrow... All my pears trees are leafing and blooming.

Our Japenese Maple was in full bloom yesterday and was absolutely beautiful, today all the blooms are brown and it looks pitiful. Weather yesterday in high 60's this morning in the 20's. Our plum trees our in bloom and as of today they are not dead, but cold weather again in the morning will probably do them in to.

Peggi

Melissa -

How beautiful to see flowers at this time of year (for us more northerly neighbours). We won't see buds in trees until early May. Flowers ... later yet.

Planting annuals here is usually around third week in May, but sometimes not until early June. Perennials might start poking heads up near the beginning of May.

Susanne

• 2 weeks later...

finally after no precipitation since Halloween we got us a little rain last night.

we usually have 3 or 4 snow falls but this year have only recieved one light dusting was gone in a day.

very weird weather for sure. and the fires have kept all of the area fire stations on call.

every day a new fire for them to fight. and not small ones either. for the first time since living in this area(24 yrs) I was actually worried about it. we have had no winter to speak of.

just makes me wonder what the summer will bring?

nutti :(

We have not had snow for a long time here in the flats of Colorado.

The temps. have been in the 70's

Yesterday: I had to take a Driving test and guess what? It SNOWED.and its still snowing.

Is this a Omen?Look out Here I come. :(

All our azaleas except the white one are madly blooming, as are the camellias, even our "volunteer" plum is full of blossoms; the only white (so far) are the two old pear trees, although the lulstrum is covered with buds.

All our azaleas except the white one are madly blooming, as are the camellias, even our "volunteer" plum is full of blossoms; the only white (so far) are the two old pear trees, although the lulstrum is covered with buds.

Holly -

the aroma in the air must be heavenly! Here it's snow ... big, wet flakes.

Susanne

we usually vacation at this time and head to Florida for a week.

we sit there in our shorts and sunshine watching the weather reports of all the snow....this year we figure since we are off to Chicago we will get 3 feet while we are there

payback for laughing at all of our friends and neighbors for the last 3 years.

as much as I would like to see a nice snow I hope it snows here and not there!

lol

nutti :(

ok where that peice of wood(knocking)