My Arthur

Another post, I know...New to the community and excited!

I've taken a break from the electrical and played with arranging some of the furniture I've made or collected for the Arthur.

I made the living room couch and chair, woven the bed, and made the dining room table (still have to stain it) and I have the supplies to make chairs for it, just have to cut the wood. I won the bathroom, kitchen and fireplace on ebay.

The kitchen is in the extension I built. I painted the floor to look like laminate. Sorry so dark.

The stair case is yet to be stained also but I like it better now that I added a railing compared to how it came in the kit.

Playing is most of the fun in building! My poor Pierce is sitting there neglected while I'm doing other things, BUT it has furniture in it! And lights where I want them! LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Got brave. :) I wanted the windows to look more 3 demensional, so I got a glass painting kit with liquid leading and painted the arches on the top to look like stained glass. Now I'm not sure how it will look. After it dries I'll tape the windows in and download pictures so I can get an opinion from you folks who are experienced. Because the leading is from a squeeze bottle, it isn't as straight as I pictured it would be. I may try to trim it up with an exacto knife and touch up the paint or I may end up having to order new plastic. :wave:

Excited!

So, today, my package arrived with wall paper, molding, porch railings, etc. that I ordered. I couldn't wait to get home from work to get to "work". (I work until 12:30 am).

I decided to wallpaper the bathroom first. I also found out, that while I like wallpapering in the "real" world, I do not like it in the dollhouse world! But, I guess by doing the hard rooms first in the Arthur then the rest will be a piece of cake.

Alas, on an up then a downer!

Rhonda, working with the liquid lead is a bit tricky. You might have a better result (cleaner edges) if you use narrow tape to form the "lead" or even print an outline on a transparency sheet on a laser printer. When you drip the paint on dop by drop, the slightly raised print acts as a coffer dam, so it doesn't flood into the adjoining section.

But that said, for a first attempt, very nice! Don't you love the sparkle of the light coming through it?

Awesome with that wallpaper. I wish the stairway didn't end right at the front door like that, but I've already determined that if I ever build another, the stairs will have to face towards the back.