Hello

jlynn032

I have only recently discovered the wonderful world of dollhouses. I found my first one, a San Franciscan, in a second-hand shop just this past December, fully furnished, and I was hooked! Now I have three, and a fourth one in the process of being built. My second was a modified beach house, and the newest is the Creekside Cabin. I love browsing the gallery here. You all are so talented! I cannot build my own dollhouses, as I have MS, but I have friends who come over and build them for me. I just love shopping for furnishings. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of such a wonderful community!

I am going to attempt to upload my three current dollhosues.

~Jlynn

post-2506-1204010605_thumb.jpg

post-2506-1204010962_thumb.jpg

post-2506-1204010627_thumb.jpg

Welcome to our "little" family, Jody. Many of our members mini from wheelchairs, etc. The most wonderful feature of this hobby is that no matter limitations a person might have, they can lose themselves in the world of tiny things and if the body won't cooperate, the mind is free to realize any dream it has, and we can stretch ourselves.

What beautiful houses you have found! The San Franciscan was my first build, for the eldest granddaughter (It's long gone, alas! long, sad story).

Hi there,

I am real new here. I just got out a doll house thaqt my hubby gave me 10-15 years ago. It is a Hofco house. It is assembled but I have to add the siding, shingles, windows, doors,etc. Can you help me find inexpensive siding, etc ? Thanks in advance.

Lindylou

Hi there,

I am real new here. I just got out a doll house thaqt my hubby gave me 10-15 years ago. It is a Hofco house. It is assembled but I have to add the siding, shingles, windows, doors,etc. Can you help me find inexpensive siding, etc ? Thanks in advance.

Lindylou

You want that siding inexpensive or dirt-cheap? Dirt cheap is where you take posterboard and a guillotine-style paper chopper and cut the posterboard into strips. Inexpensive that finishes beautifully and looks outstanding is here: http://shop.greenleafdollhouses.com/

Shingles dirt cheap include cutting sandpaper or construction paper into 1" strip and cutting them 3/4 of the way up at 1/2" intervals. Lovely shingles at a reasonable price are at the same site.

I had so much fun making my own doors & windows "from scratch" to replace the destroyed oned on the Laurel rehab I did that I made 1:24 crossbuck exterior doors for la casita I'm currently building. So far the only windows I've made have been working side-opening casements.

]Thanks so much for such a wonderful welcome! I can see that this will become my home away from home. I also love looking at the eye candy. To me, dollhouses are just another form of art. I have mine displayed around my bedroom, and I just love to lay in bed and look at them and imagine living in them.

Two of the dollhouses did come with furniture, but most of it really wasn't my taste, so I took what I didn't want to the second-hand shop where I bought the dollhouses and put it all on consignment and immediately went to work shopping. The boy's room in the Victorian is done very similar to my son's room. He was very excited to be included. lol I even bought a little boy doll and named him "Girt Timothy" (my son's name is Garrett Thomas). He is sitting by "me" on the livingroom sofa. "My" doll is one that my grandma had and gave to me. I had her for nearly a decade before I finally found her a real home and a child. lol She was very patient.

I made all of the bedding (not that hard since all you have to do is glue it underneath. lol I bought the majority of the furniture at the second-hand shop and most of the accessories at some of the miniature sites online. Every day I find myself looking for something new and unique, even though my houses are getting too full. It's hard not to look!

Here is my favorite bed that I did the bedding for. I was very proud of the outcome.

post-2506-1204042255_thumb.jpg

The cameo that I glued to the headboard belonged to my grandma.

I used the same material from the bed to cover the divider. I am contemplating using this same material to do the back wall on the other side of the bed, but I am afraid it will be way too much floral. What do you think?

post-2506-1204042359_thumb.jpg

Thanks again everyone! I have many more things I would love to show off if you are interested. I can't tell you how therapeutic this has been for me.

Jody

Thanks again, everyone.

4MiniLoves: I don't think it is a Winston Cottage. I am still learning about all of the dollhouses, but if I had to guess, I would say this was maybe custom or bashed? If I understand the term, bashed means it was modified, right? Maybe someone here could tell me more about it. Here is a picture of the front. It was blue when I bought it with a spiral staircase that I took out because it was right in the middle of the room and taking up far too much room. Dolly will just have to climb a trellis to get to her bedroom and bathroom. lol

post-2506-1204047812_thumb.jpg

The front isn't much to look at. I never turn my dollhouses around, so I didn't spent much time fixing up the front. I tried to paint it to look like a cabin, but it never quite got that cabin feel to it, so I went ahead and bought the Creekside and talked a friend into putting that one together for me. It works out perfect. Now Dolly and Girt have TWO vacation homes. lol (Please don't look too closely at the Creekside or you will see that I forgot to leave room for a bathroom. lol Maybe I will make a little outhouse and put it next to the cabin. rofl).

Oh, and the baker's rack came with the house. That is pretty much the only thing that I kept. All of the other furniture was very rough and not at all my style.

This is so fun! Thanks for letting me be a part of it.

Jody

Hello Jody! Welcome to the neighborhood! I LOVE your houses! I have a Dura Craft Tudor around here somewhere but I have not built it you. I was in Love with the door that came with it. Thanks for sharing the "Eye Candy"