Another New member

Shaleace

Hi, my name is Kathy and I'm another new member. I bought a Houseworks kit quite a few years ago and never finished it - I think because it was too big a project. So since then I've been looking for something a little less intimidating. I had an email from a store telling about the Brookwood, then I found this forum and that was all it took. The house itself was modern, a major plus, and not too big, and mainly there was this great community of people here to help with questions, problems. So I bought the Select and then joined here.

I'm 62, live in western New York state in a town called Macedon (near Rochester). I'm from England originally though. I enjoy (other than dollhouses) quilting, x-stitch, reading, lace making. I live alone with my cat so I can get up in the middle of the night to work on stuff and nobody grouches (well maybe the cat a little). I have two kids who live nearby with their respective spouses. My son when he was 14 went to a miniature show with me (kicking and screaming) and was enthralled by the whole thing. But when I tell him about the newest miniature items still tends to roll his eyes.

Well, that's me. The Brookwood is here, still in the box, but I think I've got the instructions committed to memory. I have all kinds of ideas to customize it and I look forward to being part of this community.

Kathy

Welcome, welcome, welcome to our "little" family, Kathy, and you have selected a real treasure to start with, although I'm not sure how "small" it will be. I wish I had room for all the kits I'd like to build; I'd need a Taj Mahal to build the ones I have & keep them (sigh). It doesn't sound as if you live all that far from the Greenleaf factory, either. Lucky you!

Of course we expect you to share your adventures in building with us, through pictures as well as narrative. There's a lot of building info scattered amongst the postings on the forum, but do feel free to ask away. No question is stupid unless it isn't asked.

Hi Jeni Do you go over to Kookla's when you're in the area? I found another mini shop in Fairport but not as extensive as Kookla's. Nice to know someone nearby (well, almost) is in the group.

Kathy

Hi Jeni Do you go over to Kookla's when you're in the area? I found another mini shop in Fairport but not as extensive as Kookla's. Nice to know someone nearby (well, almost) is in the group.

Kathy

No, not so far, Kathy. I knew it was there, but unfortunately I rarely get much time to do any poking around in the shops. Hmmm, didn't know about one in Fairport... just might have to look that one up! There's a doll shop (I'm a doll collector too) in Canandaigua I'm DYING to go to, even worked on sites literally around the corner from it, but I never seem to get done early enough to go in and have a look around. It's looking like I'll be in your neck of the woods quite a bit in the next few months...maybe I'll get a break to go shopping!