Got my new Fairfield kit!

eskava

I am so excited to be working on a new dollhouse! I love the smell of the Greenleaf kits when you first open the box! I am trying to take my time and build this one carefully. I have made a lot of changes to the shell. I moved the front door and changed some windows. I also opened up the wall between the hall and the kitchen. I removed the third floor tower - I want to make that an open area - like a widows walk I guess? I want to upgrade the windows and doors but I haven't purchased those yet. post-60-1202580648_thumb.jpg

Here is a view of the kitchen with the wall removed.post-60-1202580895_thumb.jpg I took out the fireplaces upstairs so there would be more room in the bedrooms. I'm not sure how I am going to put them in downstairs.

It looks great! Isn't it a fun house to build?! I've finished all except the shingles and some foundation plans...oh yeah, and the greenhouse addition off the kitchen idea. I'm going to try my hand at stencilling the foundation to look like brick. I'm making rugs and dressing beds with scraps I've pick up at a local fabric store that puts out samples.

I like the way yours looks with the wall between kitchen/front hall removed and the front door moved.

Im a big fan of the Fairfield. Its my second favorite Greenleaf house. The first one is of course the Beacon Hill. The Fairfield just has so many possibilities and it is adorable. I aboslutely love mines. You have done a lot of interesting changes to yours and its already looking very good. Cant wait to see how it looks once done.

I'm going to wallpaper everything. That's what's holding me up - I don't have the wallpaper yet. I haven't attached the third floor. One thing about opening up the hallway is that it makes it easier to get my hands in there to do the wallpaper and trim work.

I did buy the siding and will start on that. I want to use fancy shingles on the peaks, and board & batten on the upper half, with siding on the lower half.

I have so many ideas but limited funds! I have to teach myself to be patient with this one. :)

Sounds great, I got my fairfield from one of our members when she was moving. So mine was already put together, thus it's hard to get into certain places. LOL

Ive spackled the whole interior, it ended up looking great too. My cottage B & B, and im planning on aging it too. Im also trying not to spend alot, I have bought some nice funiture though. I could not help myself. There is not the selection that there is in other scales, so i think im going to make some pieces.

Mine has decorative shingles on the peeks and they look really nice. Ive also used just plain skinny sticks for my trim work, baseboards in the house. Im going to have to buy the door and windows though, the kit did not included that.

I will post pics soon, as im really excited at seeing things come along, i just have to stop changing my mind about things. LOL

Hi, Great to see what you are doing, in reguards to wall paper and limited funds, a member posted in the forum the other week a whole lot of wall paper printables, they are beautiful!!! I do not know how to link to the page, but I'm sure someone else will! I realise that they still cost to print out, but it's a lot less than buying them.

There are some beautiful wallpaper patterns there. Thank you for the link.

I had to change some things around. Opening up the wall to the hall made the kitchen too small, there really isn't enough wall space now. I'm going to make that space the dining room. I removed the fireplce between the origninal living room and dining room totally, and put a full wall there. The original dining room will be the kitchen now. I want to make or buy a really fancy fireplace for the living room.

Here's a picture of a Fairfield with fishscale shingles on the peaks. I'm going to be doing the same thing on mine.

This one was made by Cheryl Hollis. There are more pictures in the Yahoo Halfscale group.

post-7-1203367140_thumb.jpg