Primrose almost complete

AmandaSD

What are the guidelines to posting pics here? I don't know how.

Well, every thing's almost put together. I'd like to share pics. The instructions did help, but I did make some personal changes to the house. :wave: I'm ready to try wallpaper and put down some hardwood flooring. I was thinking of a floor that looks like stone. I'll update with pics once I learn to post them. :)

Amanda, you can post pictures from your computer to your post using the "browse" button at the bottom, and when you have made five posts you can create a gallery album from your profile page, accessed by clicking on "my controls".

And unless you're extremely steady of hand or those windows are only temporarily attached with putty you'll learn why so mini of us don't follow the instructions in numerical order, but skip about and attach doors, windows & their trims LAST thing. Clear acetate has a built-in paint magnet...

• Like 1

it looks like you made a great start!

yes painting after the windows is a challenge but it can be done....small brushes lotso masking tape

use a card to paint against...if you have done any real life painting you will find it much the same.

but it can be done!

I look forward to viewing your progress!

nutti :D

What a cute little house! I think you've done a great job. And I don't see anything wrong with your window boxes. I think we all tend to see our own mistakes as glaringly obvious, but few people see our work as we see it. Once the window boxes are painted and full of plants they will be lovely.

:wave: Thanks for all your complements!! In another hobby, I've painted doll heads and miniatures. I have the tiniest paint brushes plus cats who constantly shed whiskers which makes for a perfect tiny paint brush!

My hand is steady, but when you live in such a chaotic prone household ( four birds, four cats and a very active four year old little girl ) you tend to do a lot of things after everyone's asleep in bed.

I'm not even finished with this house yet. I'm seriously considering getting the Laurel house now.

What have I gotten myself into? :)

...I'm not even finished with this house yet. I'm seriously considering getting the Laurel house now.

What have I gotten myself into? :o

The dollhouse miniatures hobby. BTW, haven't you read how addictive this is?lol :bounce8:

LOL, yep it is veeeery addictive, didn't you read the warning text on tha boxes??? Oooops.... Nah, forget that it is a very nice habit esepceially as long as one gives in to it LOL

Hugs

• 1 month later...

Amanda, your wallpaper is beautiful...you did a great job on it! Don't you just love the Primrose? It has soooo many possibilities!

Whatever you decide for the outside, it will be great. This kit just begs you to bring out all your creativeness! Have fun and thanks for sharing pic's with us. We do so love our eye-candy...

Chris