The Edison

justmesue

My 13 yrs old daughter built the Edison I bought her for Christmas. It took her 1 and 1 and a half hours to get it together. She decided to glue it all, even though it did not need to be glued. It was very solid without it. I'm very happy I decided to purchase this house. It's quite large for the low price, and has tons of decorating potential, without the hassle of exterior finishes- a job she did not like when she did her HH.

The marble looking wallpaper is mactac- it's available here in dollar stores for $1.00 per roll. It comes in a multitude of colors, designs, prints. One roll is about 36"x72" long. It can cover tons of little rooms. It's self adhesive, so no mess or fuss. It can also be "chunked-in", if it's not quite right without being very noticeable. Most of all, I like it 'cause it's cheap, and removable if you decide you hate it. This particular type, would probably be more suitable for floors, but it's "her" house, and I wouldn't dream of saying anything that would turn her against minis. I quite enjoy having a" built-in" mini friend.

Suzanne, she is doing a lovely job & obviously enjoying herself. Now all you need do is get her to join the forum and we have another family twosome!

The house is adorable! I wasn't aware that Corona made the Edison. Oh, I wish we had enough room to build & keep all the kits I already have, much less the ones I want to build!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

this is a cute house and shes done a great job. I was going to ask if anyone here ever did this house because i have never seen it talked about here only on the greenleaf store.