All lit up!

Deb

No, not me! (altho it's not such a bad idea) :D

My librarians cottage!! (formerly known as the haunted house) I wired it!!! And it works! <falling over in a dead faint>

Darrell, mini, mini, mini thanks to you for answering so many questions and making it easy for me. If not for your help, I wouldn't even have considered attempting anything more sophisticated than plugging in a toaster.

The installation of the tape wire was sooooooooo easy to do and you should have seen me dancing around the studio when the tester lit up on every connection. (yep, literally dancing!)

I used adapters for the ceiling lights and those were really, really easy. I had a little more trouble with getting the prongs on the lamps to go in the tape wire without going thru the sides of the house. Actually, there was a great deal of frustration on my part and that probably made it harder than it should have been. (mental note: don't attempt something new requiring fine motor skills during the same week you're trying to quit smoking after 30 years)

The only casuality was the wall sconce I was putting in the bathroom. I had it threaded into the adapter, it tested just fine and lit up real pretty, but when I mounted it on the wall, it fell off. The adapter and wires and all the innards stayed on the wall, but the fixture didn't. As best I can tell, the insides parted company from somewhere within the fixture and I don't think it's possible to put them back, so I'll need to get a replacement fixture for the bathroom.

Anyway, I have created light! I'm still stunned. The first thing I did when I got up today was go into the studio and turned them on just to make sure I wasn't dreaming. :D

Deb

:D Congratulations on the working lights! That's my favorite part about dollhouses - when you can turn of the lights in hte real house and turn on hte lights in the dollhouse and just watch it like a TV. :blink: (But then again, I am easily entertained) :D

Congratulations Deb!!! Isn't it magical to sit and gaze at those lovley lights and start dreaming up what the mini people might be up to next????

:D

Hugs

And I'm actually going to put a mini person in this house! That's a first for me. I found a sweet little grandmotherly type with a book in her lap that will be perfect. It's the grandmother miniatures.com carries. She's a bit stereotypical, but I think she'll be very happy in her little cottage.

Deb

Congratulations Deb!!

Couldn't find photos of it in your webshots though - would love to see your librarians cottage.

-David

<giggling> Too funny! I just finished updating the pics on webshots to include the holiday stuff and a new folder with the librarians cottage and then read this. :D

I'll get pics of the librarians cottage posted in the Haunted House contest gallery here in just a bit, but for now there are some in my webshots folder if you want to see how it's coming along.

Deb

Isn't it Magical!

heheheee I'm more inclined to believe that it was magic rather than science! :D I still can't believe the lights come on when I flick the switch.

Deb

I see that your from Denver ? what part ? I live by Regis collage!

Donna

I'm in Aurora, over by Cherry Creek which makes life interesting with the deer running around, the raccoons in the chimney, owls on the roof and the fox in the backyard. And all this because someone decided to put a national park in the middle of the city! LOL But the critters may not be totally isolated to the park. We work in DTC and there was a deer in the parking lot the other night. To get there from Cherry Creek, it would have had to cross I-25 which means that the deer was either crazy or very, very brave.

Deb

:D Congratulations on the working lights! That's my favorite part about dollhouses - when you can turn of the lights in hte real house and turn on hte lights in the dollhouse and just watch it like a TV.  :D (But then again, I am easily entertained) :D

How did you know what I've been doing all day? :D:blink::p I'm also easily entertained. I've been watching an empty house that does nothing but light up and was perfectly content.

Deb

I am so glad it worked for you. I may get up the nerve try and instal the electricy myself, but then what would Darrell do?

<evil look> Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhh..........I dunno. How is he with plumbing? :D I've been considering how cool it would look to have a working fountain in the foyer of the Beacon Hill..........

Hmmm.....maybe that would be feasible with the parts from a battery operated zen fountain. :D I'll keep thinking on that one and for now I'll just keep happy dancing that my lights work!

Deb

Plumbing inside a dh? Not around me, water & dhs don't mix well in our house :D:D Although it's an intriguing idea. One of the mini magazines had a project to make a working fountain, I used some of the instructions to make a NONworking fountain for my Cambridge's front yard.

<evil look>  Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhh..........I dunno.  How is he with plumbing?  :lol:  I've been considering how cool it would look to have a working fountain in the foyer of the Beacon Hill..........

Hmmm.....maybe that would be feasible with the parts from a battery operated zen fountain.  :D  I'll keep thinking on that one and for now I'll just keep happy dancing that my lights work!

Deb

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm gonna work on that working TV set instead. Or glowing stoves or heaters. Or refridgerators where the light actually DOES come on when you open the door and go off when you close it.

OR the trailer

OR the church floor

OR the light house

OR the quarter scale stuff

OR the furniture

OR the Broookwood

OR the McKinley

Darrell

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>