My Washington Rehab -- nearly done!

uppitycats

My Washington is nearly done. I'm waiting on a turntable that is on back order, and then I'll mount him on a base and the turntable, do the foundation in stone, and he'll be done! But Ric the Archaeologist (one of Gina / Wolfie's marvelous dolls!) is working hard doing the finishing work, and will be moving in! He's SO excited!

I'll upload (download? reload?) a bunch more shots, but here's a "before" and "after", for now! :)

Y'all might remember that I had a couple of friends pick up the house for me from the seller, who sold it on eBay for a "whopping" $8. When they got to her house they were dismayed, and thought it would end up in the trash, as it was SO forlorn-looking! They came over yesterday and were amazed at how good he looks now!

I'm going to dust out Lady Garfield and Brimble's Public House today, offer them both some new little things I've found for them, and then furnish Ric's Washington for him....

in between cooking for my houseguests. When WILL they leave!! :wub:

Ann your houses are just amazing! Now not many people know that Rik is fashioned after one of my old professors at UCLA. You have literally taken the sand out of him. I think he is going to be most pleased to be living in his own home now....rather than the sand! I am including his "old" self here so people can see what he used to do. He is/was an anthropologist....and I showed him in the field at a dig.......

Wolfie

yea! Anne! now that is what the poor baby is suppose to look like!

it looks clean and fresh like a newly built home and I know Rik will be very Happy there surrounded by his passions!

nutti :wub:

It is quite a coincidence that Wolfie knew an archaeologist and modelled her doll after him...

and we know another -- an entirely different person, but ALSO an archaeologist (named Ric) ! -- who looks exactly like the doll she fashioned.

My husband studied archaeology in college, still "dabbles" in it for fun, so when I saw the doll on Gina's site I showed my husband without comment, and he exclaimed, "Why, that's RIC!! Does she know him??" I just had to have him! We've got an archaeology scene all thought out for Ric -- a room box -- where he can do a dig (archaeology talk! :lol: ) when he isn't enjoying his Washington.

Thanks for your compliments. The Washington is a really nice little house. I'm looking forward to seeing how you all do the "new" versions!

• 2 weeks later...