Classic Diner

diner fan

Wow, I just can't believe the detail that's gone into your diner!! It's incredible!

Now, where's my cheese burger, onion rings and root beer? :D

Welcome to the forum, diner fan. I must admit that your diner sure brings back many good memories for me. I was a carhop during the mid-sixties and worked in one that looked very similar to your model.

Wendy

Wow. That. is. amazing.

It looks so real I almost didn't believe it was miniature for a few minutes. How did you do the neon?

Thanks for the comments. I have strived for the effect of not being able to distinguish my model diners from full size structures. I'm new here and the feedback from the folks helps me know if I've met my goal. The neon lighting effects are achieved using EL lighting (electroluminescent wire). It is a low voltage wire that carries very little current and generates almost no heat. It's easy to find on line with a Google search. It isn’t expensive, comes in several neon colors and is easy to work with. Hope the info helps.

Thanks again for the kind words.

Diner fan

Diner Fan--the detail in the 1:24th scale is incredible! Do you by any chance do model trains? The work is really incredible. Your work is better than some guilded artisans I have seen at shows.

Thanks for the kind words. I have not done model trains but have built diner and drive-in dioramas. I have had a lot fun designing different versions to help me relive a fun time to be a teenager. Or at least I think was fun LOL. Also I would like to say, from what I have seen of what others have posted on this forum, I am among a lot of extremely talented folks.

Diner Fan

I love all your diners I only have one problem with them. You have all these cars parked outside, but there is not a soul in sight, gave me the feeling of a "Twilight Zone" episode. LOL

Seriously, your diners are totally awesome, the detail is incredible even down to the reflection of the juke box in the floor.

Peggi

I love all your diners I only have one problem with them. You have all these cars parked outside, but there is not a soul in sight, gave me the feeling of a "Twilight Zone" episode. LOL

I love your diners. I'm old enough to remember that era. When I met my husband (in 1970) he was driving a 1956 chevy.

Have you thought of adding characters to your scenes?

Susanne

I am speechless. The detail is incredible and all I can say wow. They are so well done and bring back so many many memories. I wish my folks were still alive, Dad would be delighted to see your pictures. My parents owned the real thing when I was growing up and with just a few minor changes, this could be my folk's place. I remember the weekend I worked there, doing everything from making the burgers to manning the soda fountain and handling the cash register. I still make a mean shake. Thanks for recalling some great memories. :D

I love your diners. I'm old enough to remember that era. When I met my husband (in 1970) he was driving a 1956 chevy.

Have you thought of adding characters to your scenes?

Susanne

Thanks,

For those of us old enough to remember, it was great fun. I used to own a 1956 Chevy too. Hope your husband kept his. I'm going to put up a few photos with people inserted into them for the fun of it.

Thanks again,

Diner fan

I am speechless. The detail is incredible and all I can say wow. They are so well done and bring back so many many memories. I wish my folks were still alive, Dad would be delighted to see your pictures. My parents owned the real thing when I was growing up and with just a few minor changes, this could be my folk's place. I remember the weekend I worked there, doing everything from making the burgers to manning the soda fountain and handling the cash register. I still make a mean shake. Thanks for recalling some great memories. :D

Thanks for your comments and sharing your memories,

It makes me feel good about the project to know these little diners bring people enjoyment. I also know and appreciate the effort of each person who posts photos of their creations here on this forum. Isn't this what it's all about? Sharing our inspiration and creations on a miniature scale.

Thanks again,

Diner fan

I didn't keep my '56 chev. It was a lot of years ago.

Seeing your pictures .... WOW!!! Fantastic job. The only thing missing is some great sound classics playing in the background: There's Good Rocking Tonight, Oh Donna, or Turn Me Loose....just to name three.

Ray