Offer up dollhouse purchase

thresadep

I check offer up daily for any dollhouse deals. Yesterday I found one with a small box of furniture for $50. Figured can't go wrong!.  The house is homemade but quite good. It's even on a turntable.  Nice bare bones to work with. I like the colors of the house. Fresh coat of paint will do wonders. 

The furniture is ok. All usable in some form. I love the little tea set with napkins and the fireplace. There are a few odd pieces from broken bits. I should be able to find a use for them.  Overall, great find. 

Always welcome suggestions. 

IMG_20170110_185032.jpg

IMG_20170110_185040.jpg

IMG_20170110_190432.jpg

IMG_20170110_190436.jpg

• Like 1

Omg!! That's a Walmer Old Town. I have that house. I call it The Stone House.  Approx. 1977. It was a tear down kit. Removable pegs allowed to take it down and store the pieces flat. No glue was necessary because the pegs held it together.

here is mine:

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=browse&album=6726

• Like 2

Sable, I think  you may be right about Thresa's house. I think it is a Walmer. I think yours is also a Walmer just not the Walmer Old Town. I think your house is the Walmer Arlington. Check the measurements. If it is the Arlington, it should be 34"W x 17 1/2"D x 37 1/2"H. I'll check up a little on Thresa's house and see what I can find.

Thanks all! Interesting that is could be a Walmer. It is a very smooth build so I can see it being an actual dollhouse and not a homemade project. Most homemade houses I have seen  look more clunky in places. Of course this maker could have mad skills. The search is on! :p

Looking at Sables house, give me some ideas. A bit scary on my part as I am not that skilled. I would like to try the stones on the outside.

17 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

Sable, I think  you may be right about Thresa's house. I think it is a Walmer. I think yours is also a Walmer just not the Walmer Old Town. I think your house is the Walmer Arlington. Check the measurements. If it is the Arlington, it should be 34"W x 17 1/2"D x 37 1/2"H. I'll check up a little on Thresa's house and see what I can find.

Kelly, the measurements of the base of my house are 23 3/4"w X 13 1/2"D X 28 1/2"H not including the chimney. 

Unfortunately, this is the only pic of the front before I bashed it to change the window and door openings. Mine doesn't have the second floor balcony/door.  Please let me know what name this one is. I'd really appreciate it.

image.jpeg

I was wondering about that, Sable. The more I looked at your house, the more it didn't look long enough to be 34". THIS is why I need to look at my catalogs before running off at the mouth. Yes, you have the Olde Towne. My bad and I apologize. My only excuses are 1) I am in still in pain from the dentist yesterday and 2) I'm getting old (er).

I am seriously beginning to be annoyed at Walmer and their look-alike dollhouses. LOL

OK, so to make sure I'm on the correct page here, Walmer made a number of dollhouses with a Mansard roof. I am ignoring the Plum Pudding, the Georgie (front opening), the Cranberry Cove, and the Mulberry Lane (also front opening)

The Olde Towne: one window to the left of the off center door, two windows to the right, and 4 windows above. 28H x 24W x 13 1/2D

The Jamestown: one window to the left of the off center front door, two windows to the right, but with three windows above and in the place of the fourth far right window, there is a door and a balcony. 32H x 29w x 16D

The Georgetown: one window to the left of the off center door, two windows to the right, but with three windows above and in place of the fourth far right window, there is a door and a balcony. 28H x 24W x 13 1/2D

The Arlington: one window to the left of the off center door, two windows to the right, and only three windows above. 37 1/2H x 34W x 17 1/2D

The Yorktown Manor: a centered front door with or without a porch, a double window on either side of the door, and three windows above, and an addition. 32H x 48W x 20D (with porch)

The French Victorian: three floors, a door on the left side and a double window to the right on the first floor, a single and a double window above on the 2nd floor, a single and a double window above on the third floor, and two flat dormers. A single story (+ roof) addition on each side. 39 1/2H x 48W x 19D

The San Franciscan: three stories, a door to the left and a bay window to the right on the first floor, a single and bay window above on the 2nd floor, and a single and bay window above on the third floor. The Mansard roof looks to be about 4" or 5" high from the outside, but inside the third floor is dropped, so there is additional room inside under the roof. 39 1/2H x 32W x 19D

Thresa, I still couldn't find your dollhouse, but I will keep an eye out for it.

Kelly, no need to apologize. You are our expert and none of us expect you to remember all of it. Thank you so much for explaining all of the differences. This info doesn't exist anywhere online. 

I also want to thank you for giving me the correct spelling of Olde Towne, this too I didn't know. You are a jewel.

Thresa, the beds which came with your house might be bunk beds. See if the bottom of the posts are hollow. I cut mine down to make a bunk room . You can't see them very well in this pic but they are the same ones but severely bashed.

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=view&id=101112

• 1 month later...
On January 12, 2017 at 6:39:17 PM, rodentraiser said:

I was wondering about that, Sable. The more I looked at your house, the more it didn't look long enough to be 34". THIS is why I need to look at my catalogs before running off at the mouth. Yes, you have the Olde Towne. My bad and I apologize. My only excuses are 1) I am in still in pain from the dentist yesterday and 2) I'm getting old (er).

I am seriously beginning to be annoyed at Walmer and their look-alike dollhouses. LOL

OK, so to make sure I'm on the correct page here, Walmer made a number of dollhouses with a Mansard roof. I am ignoring the Plum Pudding, the Georgie (front opening), the Cranberry Cove, and the Mulberry Lane (also front opening)

The Olde Towne: one window to the left of the off center door, two windows to the right, and 4 windows above. 28H x 24W x 13 1/2D

The Jamestown: one window to the left of the off center front door, two windows to the right, but with three windows above and in the place of the fourth far right window, there is a door and a balcony. 32H x 29w x 16D

The Georgetown: one window to the left of the off center door, two windows to the right, but with three windows above and in place of the fourth far right window, there is a door and a balcony. 28H x 24W x 13 1/2D

The Arlington: one window to the left of the off center door, two windows to the right, and only three windows above. 37 1/2H x 34W x 17 1/2D

The Yorktown Manor: a centered front door with or without a porch, a double window on either side of the door, and three windows above, and an addition. 32H x 48W x 20D (with porch)

The French Victorian: three floors, a door on the left side and a double window to the right on the first floor, a single and a double window above on the 2nd floor, a single and a double window above on the third floor, and two flat dormers. A single story (+ roof) addition on each side. 39 1/2H x 48W x 19D

The San Franciscan: three stories, a door to the left and a bay window to the right on the first floor, a single and bay window above on the 2nd floor, and a single and bay window above on the third floor. The Mansard roof looks to be about 4" or 5" high from the outside, but inside the third floor is dropped, so there is additional room inside under the roof. 39 1/2H x 32W x 19D

Thresa, I still couldn't find your dollhouse, but I will keep an eye out for it.

Im bringing this back on top since it covers  Walmers. However they all have Mansard roofs.

There is a bit of a homemade feel to the construction. It maybe inspired by a doll house? ( I need to get a better picture of the inside. )  It's really solid. A great template.  Can't wait to get started. 

• Like 1

There is a bit of a homemade feel to the construction. It maybe inspired by a doll house? ( I need to get a better picture of the inside. )  It's really solid. A great template.  Can't wait to get started...

Better pics.. the edges are a bit rough. Nothing that can't be fixed. The stairs are nice but for the little wall. Not crazy about it but ill decide when time comes. 

IMG_20170301_113112.jpg

IMG_20170301_113125.jpg

Thanks for posting the pics. I'm inclined to agree that it is a copy, a very good copy. The dado (?) cuts in the joints are very well done but they don't match my Walmer and the Lilliput does not use that type of joint.  I'm going to try to post pics of the Walmer joints (edit: I'm out of space, again). The window frame and shutters are great copies, if not original.

The windows fit perfect too. It is very well constructed. Welcome suggestions.  No hurry. Won't be working on this house until spring.  

I have to put it out of my mind. Right now I am wanting to get it started. One house at a time. One house!!  :doctor::fish1:

1 hour ago, thresadep said:

The windows fit perfect too. It is very well constructed. Welcome suggestions.  No hurry. Won't be working on this house until spring.  

I have to put it out of my mind. Right now I am wanting to get it started. One house at a time. One house!!  :doctor::fish1:

I've always been a huge fan of Robin Carey's treatment of this Mansard roof house:

http://robincarey.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2012-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&updated-max=2013-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&max-results=4&m=0