Roomboxes for my Granddaughters

Missymew

I've spent the day working on the roomboxes I'm making for my granddaughters for Christmas. I've wallpapered (very first time ever), laid flooring and put a window in. I took the advice I received in this forum and used scrapbook paper for the walls.

I've put some photos in the gallery. Would you let me know what you think. I've still baseboards to cut and glue, curtains for the window, outside (just painted so far) to be decorated, and a few other finishing touches.

Thanks so much for the support and encouragement that I've received from everyone here. I've never so much as banged a nail in my life before!!

Susanne

They are WONDERFUL!! I love the Cinderella room and the bedding in the other room box is devine too! Where did you get the wallpaper? Is it scrapbook paper?

You are doing GREAT! Thanks for sharing and PLEASE keep the pictures coming! :)

Oh, my, how very, very, very pretty!!!! I think you have done a wonderful job!! The Cinderella one makes me wanna sing 'Bibbidy, Bobbidy, Boo' :) And I can almost smell the scent of flowers while looking at the flower roombox.

You made wonderful use of colors!!....I'm not that good with contrasting colors, but your colors certainly compliment each other very well.

I have a few new pictures of my roomboxes in my webshots 'Miniatures' album if you'd like to take a look at them. There is a nursery that I made for a new baby and a wedding reception for a pair of newlyweds. And I also included some pics of the roombox that I am making for the miniatures.com contest just for my friends on this message board.

Your little grandaughters are going to be so thrilled on Christmas morning. I know it's something they'll treasure for many years to come. Won't be too long and I'll bet they'll be wanting to build something with you.

See ya later,

Doe

Susanne, your granddaughters will love the room boxes. They are very nice. Next they will want a big dollhouse so get prepared. LOL

Doe, love your wedding roombox, the "happy couple" just cracked me up and your round stable is something my granddaughter would love to have. She is reallly into horses right now. May have to steal your idea for a xmas present for her. LOL

Peggi

Susanne, your roomboxes are awesome! It's amazing how you can start with two roomboxes that look exactly alike and yet make them so different!!

I'm sure the girls will love their roomboxes, especially because Grandma made it for them!!