I lOVE the Glencroft!

ilovecats

still waiting to hear how it 'placed' in State Fair competition. I'm gnawing wood to keep from calling the office to hear the results. Wish they were bribe-able! We saw lots of nice houses being delivered. Just think...prize money COULD be spent on a new house kit! Guess we'll have to pay admission to get in a look for ourselves (and sample the fries, mushrooms, cotton candy, Polish sausage...and look at the fancy chickens and cows and...there's the ferris wheel, and the Zipper, and the....)

:ohyeah:

Oh dear, what can the matter be?

It's so long to wait for the fair!

:wave:

You built your Glencroft

But you don't know who judged it,

It took up your table,

But finally you budged it,

You did such a great job,

And you didn't fudge it,

It's so long to wait for the fair!

:whistle:

Good luck, Gayle - when are you going to the fair?

Hummmmm...

if I had room, it would be the BH.

If I could have a wish granted for a house to be designed someday, it would be a 1/2 scale BH (I can wait Dean).

I could be happy with the teeny 1:144 BH, which is mighty cute and would make a nice neighbor for the teeny GF

Zantac is nearby

I'm excited, today i get to install the ceiling beams!!!!!! it's starting to look like a house now that i have the interior painted!

OOoooo can't wait to see what how the beams change the look of things!

I got the ceiling beams installed, a couple of small modifications to the holes, to make them big enough. I put the stair runner on and glued the final wall panel in place and completed the ceiling above it!

I have to put away laundry, etc, but hopefully i can go back today and fill in the gaps where the beams /beam holes are....with a little spackle.

Today will bring some great progress! I intend to install all of the flooring! I need to repaint the eaves, and maybe, just maybe if there is time, i'll paperclay the chimney! I had intended to install all exterior trim, but forgot i still have to do the paperclay....

OOOOUUU Rosalind!

Love the song! Yep, the GC did OK at the Fair (didn't pay off her tuition, but who's counting....).

Gayle

Updated photos in my blog. I still need to do the roof, dirty wash the chimney and to polyurethane everything...then i believe the house will be done!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gayle, I bet the GC did more than "okay". I'd have judged it "Best of Show"!

Marg, thanks for posting tons of blog pics - I will study them whenever I get a Glencroft. (I'll drool over your pics in the meantime.) The house looks terrific.

Your Glencroft is totally awesome! Where did you find the ribbon for the stair runner? I looked everywhere for something like that for the McKinley.

Thanks Holly!

The ribbon is from Joann's....i went to one Joann's store, looking for a red/burgundy type of ribbon...of course i couldn't find any...so i did find one pretty shade of blue so i bought a yard of that. I went to a larger Joann's store and found the ribbon i used in the Glencroft. If you can't find any near you i'd be glad to pick up a yard or two for you?!

I found a beautiful ribbon on ebay...it was 10 dollars a yard so i said forget that!!!! i'm NOT paying 10 dollars a yard no matter how pretty!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I finished the shingles!!!!!!!!!! The roof just needs a little treatment tomorrow and then the house will be complete! If i don't get photos taken tomorrow, it will definately be this weekend!

It looks GOOD!

I love how you have the windows open! wish I would have done that.

I also love the shingles! they look great!

I think you and Andrew need to turn a room of your home into no kitty land and display some of your goodies in these wonderful peices of art you have created!

I wish we lived closer coz I would love to play with your toys!

nutti :yikes: