Back in the saddle again

heidiiiii

After a long hiatus, I am back to working on the MHM. I want to finish her and have her full of goodies. I am also thinking about getting some plexiglass fitted for the back so that MF doesnt mess with my stuff..LOL

I pulled the porch railings off and have been working this morning on the front porch floor.

After I am done with gluing them down, I will fill them in with spackle.

I have been thinking about changing some of the colors of the exterior. I am going to keep the red but change up on the black and green and maybe some of the yellow. We will see what I do..hmmm

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see progress, Heidi! :) What are you using for the bricks? They look so real!

Thanks Kathie. I am using just plain ole packing cardboard. I sit and watch cooking shows and cut a batch. Then I glue a few rows. Repeat.

I am determined to get this done today. It is a lazy Sunday in front of the dh and the boob tube.

OHHh you are making me feel so guilty

I wanted to have Catriona's house done for her 16th but it is nOT going to Happen.

although now that she is back in school I am hoping to have a few sessions with her and see if I cant make some progress.

love the brickwork!

nutti :)

That's great getting back to the Marquim! And I love the colors! Wow! Hard on the eyes, but beautiful nontheless!

Wolfie

Yeah Gina..this dh makes a statement. It says "Hey you!!! Get over here! LOOK AT ME!!!!!!"

I still want to change something. I dont know what though. I think I will change the yellow that is on the second floor window. Get rid of the yellow. I will keep thinking about it.

I didnt finish yesterday but almost there..should be done today.

You just need to calm the yellow down a little bit; t tends to get rather shrill; a dark golden-yellow, and maybe lighten the black to a very dark brown, and instead of strident yelling it'll sing, like Placido Domingo.

Someone is jealous and I dont think he likes the renovation project going on!

I started painting the exterior and MF did not like that one bit. He became very territorial and held a protest in the bellfry!

Now he is in the 3rd floor nursery and he is meowing down his demands.

He was being mean. I had to stop painting cause he kept trying to scratch me! LOL

I wonder if this is some sort of sit in?

There is another pic in the gallery

Someone is also spoiled rotten...

:welcome: LOL Holly, he is just being slightly premature ticked off prior to the vet's visit, sort of trying to show who is wanting to be the boss.... LOL

He is a cutie, but I bet you wish he had worn mittens Heidi...

Hugs and thanks for sharing His Highness tantrum!

Jealous..spoiled..pain in the rear.. All are appropriate. His snip snip appt isnt coming fast enough for me..Tomorrow at 8am he will be dropped off. heheheheh

I blocked off his access to the house yesterday so I can get to working on the paint job again.

Finished the first coat on the exterior yesterday. Going to take a couple more of the red to offset the yellow.

I am going to add punches of white in the color scheme after I am done with the red painting.

Oh, Heidi ... nice! I like the way the red is picked up in some of the stained glass segments. The red and black is so rich, and some touches of white will give this lady a totally regal look. She may become insufferable in her demands! :wub:

Oh, Heidi ... nice! I like the way the red is picked up in some of the stained glass segments.

Red nail polish!

Thanks. I am going to do the rest of the windows too. I never finished what I started with this one. But now I am.

I like the way the gray softens the other colors....they are all not competing now for your attention!

I like the red and black combination!

it really is a great house Heidi!

nutti :monkeydance:

Exterior painting on a house that is already put together is sooooooo tedious!!

I shouldnt witch about it...I have already been here before...but I want a cigarette and I cant have one and I feel like complaining..

So there! :o

The gray sings a completely different song than before. MUCH nicer. And I like the stained glass. You understand why I enjoy tedium so much, the results are so worth it! I'm still getting used to the dropped iiis.

I'm still getting used to the dropped iiis.

ROFL.. Me too. Sometimes I will look down at the bottom of the page and see my name and think" Oh..there`s another Heidi..oops no that is just me."

Yes it is tedious but it is all good. I am catching spots I missed the first time around too so I am being more thorough.

Did I miss new photos?

I keep waiting for some newer phots! I just love watching the progress on this house...although I do feel guilty because Catriona's lives under a sheet in the back bedroom!

where do you find the motivation? I want some!

nutti :thumb: