Haunted House Give Away 10/28/05

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tracy asked me to do the questions today. (Gotta keep you guys guessing!)

Okay, here's the first one:

What are the traditional Halloween colors, and what do they symbolize?

The first PM I get with the most complete answer wins. Please DON'T post your answer here.

We have a winner! Shutterbugkc sent this reply:

The traditional colors are black and orange. I think that black stands for death and orange stands for harvest.

This is the info I found in several different sources. I always thought the orange was there because of the pumpkins. Never really thought about the fact that pumpkins are symbols of the fall harvest!

(Incidentally, orange and black were also my high school colors, but I didn't think it'd be fair to make you guess our team mascot! :lol: )

Karen, please PM me with your address and I'll get it off to Tracy.

Stay tuned guys. I'll post another question later in the day.

I got it, Shelly, but just a smidgen too late... you have to be really quick to keep up with these ladies!

Keep an eye on the board, because I'll have another question later. :lol: And welcome to the forum!

Squeeeeeeeal! :lol: I'm so excited! I know exactly what I'm going to do with it! I am going to turn it into a three little bear's cottage for my daughter for Christmas! Oh, I've got BIG plans.

tytytytytytytytytyty! :)

Karen

Squeeeeeeeal! :lol:  I'm so excited! I know exactly what I'm going to do with it! I am going to turn it into a three little bear's cottage for my daughter for Christmas! Oh, I've got BIG plans.

tytytytytytytytytyty! :)

Karen

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:( Fantastic Karen!!! What a nice idea! Please be sure to show us pics along the way!

Hi! Just wanted to let you know that it seems I have belonged to this forum for a long time just keep forgetting about it.....and yesterday the newsletter reminded me wonder why that was the first newsletter i have gotten.

funny, i tried to log in yesterday and could not remember my name and password had to quick email tracy and she helped me....Thanks tracy!

Shelly N

Thought I'd even the playing field a little and let everyone know when the next question will be posted - I'm on the west coast and it'll be at around noon my time (3:00 on the east coast). Not on the dot but in the ballpark.

Hmmm.... now I have to come up with a hard question! :lol:

I too am ready to start todays fun activites :) and keeping fingers crossed to win one of these houses :( !!

Congrats Karen I cant wait to see what you do with this house :D

Lyn :lol:

You are Welcomed Shelly!!

This was our first time sending out the newsletter. So far we have received a lot of favorable responses to it. :lol: This is something we have been planning to do but have finally figured out the "how to" part. :)

Congratulations Karen! Can't wait to see your pictures! Your daughter will be so delighted at Christmas time!! :)

I ordered the movie "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir" this morning. I'm anxiously awaiting it's arrival for reference material (oh, well, entertainment value too) along with my Haunted House! I'm really excited about this little project and can't wait to get started!! :lol: