Haunted House Give Away 10/28/05

I don't know anything about video games, but I went to the Grim Fandango website and it sure looks like that's it to me. With quotes like "Something's rotten in the Land of Dead..." and "a homage to Mexican folklore with a film noir twist" I can't think that it'd be anything else.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

<happy dancing in a spiral> Oh wow! Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!! What a wonderful way to start my day!

<dropping a curtsy to Greenleaf and to the wonderful people who manage the forum> Thank you all so very much. You provide us with the nicest online community in cyber space already, but the Halloween party you're throwing for us is just delightful!

Deb

Yes, it's Grim Fandango! Great game. :lol: It was actually my first exposure to Day of the Dead. Then my boyfriend went to Mexico once and brought me home a little figurine and I was like, "Hey, that looks just like the guy from Grim Fandango!" He was like, "That's not a video game character, it's a cultural symbol..."

Congratulations, Deb!

Tracy, I'm thinking there should be a Blog set up for all us winners! It would be really interesting to see what comes of all this!! :)

I just got up from resting and watching "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir". I hadn't seen it in a while and I still love it! I cried at the end (also I'm feeling sorry for myself, darn back!!)!! :lol:

Congratulations Shutterbug and Deb on today's win. Shutterbug, I think its great you're turning a haunted house into a fairy tale LOL Deb what are your plans?

Peggi

Tracy, I'm thinking there should be a Blog set up for all us winners!  It would be really interesting to see what comes of all this!!  :)

I just got up from resting and watching "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir".  I hadn't seen it in a while and I still love it!  I cried at the end (also I'm feeling sorry for myself, darn back!!)!!  :lol:

Ooooooohh! I'm definitely up for that idea!! <clasping hands under chin and using Hepburn voice> Oh, say we can! Please say we can!

Teresa, I saw that you were online in the wee hours this morning and figured your back was hurting you again. Poor sweetie. <pouring you a cup of tea and tucking a soft, fluffy quilt around you> I hope it's better soon.

Deb

Deb what are your plans?

Peggi

Right now, I'm still happy dancing. :lol: But when I look at the house, it whispers, "English country cottage" to me. Lots of flowers and warm, homey things like overstuffed chairs and quilts and lots of books. Nothing exotic, but it's just the third house I'll build and I've a craving to do something soft and warm. Must be winter coming on and I have a need to nest. :)

Oh, and I decided I'm going to gather up my courage and wire this one! My first attempt at wiring!! Wooooooohooooooo! I'm all excited about that.

Deb

Thanks so much Deb! ;) I had a really good massage today which seems to have helped a bit! It comes and goes, but is driving me to the point of crazy! Ah well, when it's all over I'll be thankful and appreciative of good health once again! :blink:

Tracy, that's great news! :o

Congratulations to today's winners! Yippee!! :(

Well, am off to work this morning -- will miss all the fun again today! But, am giving a frantic, vigorous wave on my way out the door -- did you see it???!!! Hey guys, save some of the sweet treats for me today.

Have a blessed day and good luck to all of you in the house giveaway! :blink:

Debbie