Haunted House Give Away 10/28/05

Okay, next question! I tried to make this one a little more complicated. :)

Take a look at this picture:

post-7-1130525631_thumb.jpg

These figures are representative of a certain Halloween-related tradition. Can you name:

-The name and date of the holiday they represent

-What country this holiday is celebrated in

First person to send me a PM with both parts of the question right is the winner. :lol:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry about that guys, you flooded my inbox! (I have deleted a bunch of messages so it shouldn't happen again. :() You guys are too good... I thought I was asking a hard qustion. :)

One PM did come in before the box filled up, though, so it was the first one received. It happened to be the right answer, so that gets me off the hook! :lol:

The country is mexico and the holiday is Day of the Dead. Dia de los Muertos . It's celebrated on Nov1st and 2nd.

That PM came from Deb and it's absolutely right! Please send your address to my (now emptier) PM box and I'll pass it along to Tracy.

(About the time - I wonder if the forum clock is off? The clock on my computer said noon...)

One bonus question (not for a prize, but I'm just curious to see if anyone knows) - can you name a video game that features Day of the Dead characters?

I actually did finally get thru (at least the system said I did), but it will be interesting to see how it is handled considering all the other correct answers just itching to be submitted and being foiled by a full box.

Stay tuned... I have an idea I want to run by Tracy. :D

Next time I'll go by the forum clock. Right now the forum clock says 11:08 (it should be 12:08 but it's always been an hour off for me) and the clock on my computer says 12:18! I didn't notice it was so different until someone pointed it out.

Sorry about that guys, you flooded my inbox!  (I have deleted a bunch of messages so it shouldn't happen again. :()  You guys are too good... I thought I was asking a hard qustion.  :)

One PM did come in before the box filled up, though, so it was the first one received. It happened to be the right answer, so that gets me off the hook!  :lol:

Stay tuned... I have an idea I want to run by Tracy.  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is it Grim Fandango?

Ruth

Sorry about that guys, you flooded my inbox!  (I have deleted a bunch of messages so it shouldn't happen again. :()  You guys are too good... I thought I was asking a hard qustion.  :)

One PM did come in before the box filled up, though, so it was the first one received. It happened to be the right answer, so that gets me off the hook!  :lol:

Stay tuned... I have an idea I want to run by Tracy.  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

One bonus question (not for a prize, but I'm just curious to see if anyone knows) - can you name a video game that features Day of the Dead characters?

Is it Grim Fandango?

Ruth