The Olde English Dollouse Company

smallhouset

Has anyone ever heard of the Olde English Dollhouse Company? My local DH store has started to carry them, and I am building at least one as a model for the store. From what the owner told me this is a new company and the houses are very nice. I have the Dickens Place model which can be used as a retail shop with living space upstairs. I'm excited about building it, but I can't start it for a week or two because the rest of my life is getting in the way of me having fun, but this seems like a great adventure. I get to build dollhouses that I don't have to pay for,don't have to wire, shingle or wallpaper, and when I get them done I don't have to find a space to put them.I just have to build the shell, or as the English call it the "carcas". And I'm getting paid for it. When a customer buys it, if they don't want to paint or wire it then I will do that for them and they will pick out what colors and paper they want. As soon as I get the Dickens started I'll post some pictures on webshots.

terri

Terri, I love there Houses though I have not put mine together yet. I have the olde bakery. Here is a link for those who wants to see there items:

http://www.dollhousesoldeenglish.com/

That is wonderful to work so closely with a shop. I so enjoyed being able to do that but now 2 of the shops are closed (and it happened this year :D:D )

wow what a great oppertunity!!! I have only been to one shop and it closed last yr. I would love to be able to make money doing the building how much fun would that be! building is my favorite part!

wow what a great Link...thanks Tracy

I loved the bakery.

and a couple of the others. nice houses.

I would like to have one front opening house in my collection.

nutti :D

Beautiful houses! Wouldn't it be great to do a whole street of them?

Congrats on the building contract Terri. That just sounds like a dream come true.

Deb

Terri, that is great building for a shop. I have heard of the company, and seen them advertised. Your shop owner is pretty savvy, these little houses are beautiful to put together, similar to some of the ones Dollshouse Emporium carries. That old world english look is real popular here on the East Coast.

Teresa, I had the same thoughts, that they all looked alike, that it was hard to tell the difference between them. I guess some of our kit bashers see worlds of possibilities.

Peggi

Terri, am I jealous! What a great job to have. Building the actual house is where I get the most enjoyment, so that would be right up my alley.

Having a whole street of these houses would be neat to see....but who has the space?

• 5 weeks later...

I delivered the Dickens House to the shop today and she was happy with it. She gave me another kit to build, the Kennsington :o . It's 5 story townhouse with basement. 4 ft tall and Very Heavy. I love doing this. The kits are easy tobuild and don't take much prep work before gluing. I did the first one in just a few nights, but I didn't have to paint or wire. Plan on starting the Kennsington later this evening when He can help hold the walls straight while I glue. Its definately a 2 person job since its so tall. I'm going to have to stand on a chair to put the roof on! As much fun as this is, I do have one problem with it. I have a small car.The Kennsington box just fit in the back seat,to big for the trunk. So I don't know how I'm going to get the finished house back to the shop :D I've got to find someone with a van to move it.

I took a few pieces of the wicker furnature that I made to the shop. I wanted to get

the owner (Debbie) to give me her opinion of how well I did. She really like it and I'm going to make some for her to sell in the shop. I am so excited :D:D . I can't beleive it. I giggled and grinned all the way to the craft store for more supplies :o

terri

ohh how exciting for you!!

I would love to make money doing this.

I love building dollhouses!

and I hope your whicker goes over!

you do wonderful things! that is something I wish I knew how to do!

you go girl!!

Loooooove those wicker items! And I am amazed over how someone actually can make them. OK, note to myself "I want to try that someday..." now where did I put those post it notes???

Thank you so much for the DIY sites but I am still pretty sure of that I am not there just yet LOL.

Mini-hugs

Thanks for the compliments and the support everyone. I learned how to do wicker from articles in AM and DHM. I love wicker and had to try it. With a little bit of patience and practice I figured out how to do it. I also studies some RW wicker chairs I have and copied how they are put together.

Wendy, this is my first time making things to sell, I usually just give things I make to my friends, but if this goes well, maybe I'll try e-bay, or set up a website. I'll have to see how much interest there is for it.

Holly, my neighbor works for a major car dealer here and drives a demo, she often borrows large SUV's when she has things to pick up from her shopping trips,so we're going to try and work something out on her day off. Maybe I'll get to deliver the Kensington in a new Hummer! That should be fun.

Nutti, I have wanted to make and sell minis since the first time I walked into a DH shop. This is like a dream come true for me. I'm so excited and a little scared. What if no one wants to buy all the stuf I'm making. I'd be crushed.

As soon as I get a few things done, I'll post some more pictures.

terri

oh dont worry!

I would buy your stuff

and there will be others!

wicker is great for dollhouses and all of the things I have of yours are wonderful!

you put lots of care and love into them and it shows....now if I could only find my niche!

Thank-you thank-you all for the kind words. I really need them right now. I'm having a hard time making the wicker do what I want it to do. I'm making a loveseat and a chaise and I'm making up the directions from my head as I go along. I can see it completed in my head but some where between my head and hands, things got mixed up and I'm not sure what I'll end up with. I've had to rip it out a few times already, so the moral support for all of you is just perfect.

Thanks again

terri