Beacon Hill Has Arrived

beccas1963

Good evening to all!!!!

My Beacon HIll has arrrived!!!!!!!! :roflmao::rofl::banana::banana::banana:

I came home for lunch and there was actually a brown truck following me. I turned into my street and he turned the other way I figured yeah someone elses delivery. I went in to fix some soup and there was a knock on my door!!!!!

It was the UPS man!!!!!! He turned down the wrong street :) I asked him if he could please bring it in. He said he couldnt come in the house but he helped get the box over the thresh hold (it is a step up kind) all the while not stepping one foot in the house hehe. I thanked him so much and he left.

I laid it gently on the floor and had to go back to work :(

I am now home from work and just opened the box and I swear I heard the dollhouse angels singing!! Chaser and Ruby are investigating the box and I think they are communicating with the house hehehe.

Hugs,

Bec

My fairfield arrived a few days ago and I had to hide it so as not to distract from my end of school projects. I'm just so darn excited. My living room set arrived yesterday and I had to play with it and take out the first floor board and position the furniture on it. I think the dollhouse bug is catching. :roflmao::rofl:

My poor landlady thought it was mistakenly sent to her and was disappointed it was mine.

That's interesting about the UPS guy not wanting (or able?) to step into your house!! The UPS guy comes into mine all the time, with packages!

No houses for me any time soon, though. Gotta get rid of my houseguests first. And they'll be here until JULY! Gasp!!! :roflmao:

Thank you all! ok I have just spent some time with the beacon. the numbers are stamped but I couldnt read them too well so found the numbers and used tape and rewrote them.

Also I reorganized the box so I can get what I want when I need it (I think). But it was cute when I had all the first piecs in a pile the furry kids were all over it. and they would once in a while look at me like do you hear that lol. They didnt touch the decorative pieces.

Colors: I would love to do my yellow and hunter green but I just gotta have purple in there some where, not pinky purple but a bluey purple not too dark but just right what is that movie I keep thinking of lol, It is an old movie.... The one with they are redoing a house and she has a piece of thread and doing colors by that. Carey Grant was in it. ok found it it is called.... Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House. Gosh I love that movie!

UPS: He said it was a new rule whether it was or not I dont know nor at the moment do I care lol. But he was really nice about it.

Plans: On the kitchen side I am wanting to enlarge it 4 inches, 2 inches on each side of the windows me thinks. I know I know that is alot more work but it keeps telling me to do it. Also no dark colors on the inside it will be light and airy. I do love the arts and crafts and I found out in chat that what I love also is scandinavian furniture(?) Nice clean lines! so I am a happy person I can make most of it I think anyways. Also the front entrance will be just that a front entrance. No formal dining room it is telling me that right now! It wants a dining/kitchen no formalities I guess. The room guess it is the third room on the right wants to be a study not a stuffy library but a place you can relax in. But still nice I see white everywhere lol.

Good evening to all!!!!

was the UPS man!!!!!! He turned down the wrong street :) I asked him if he could please bring it in. He said he couldnt come in the house but he helped get the box over the thresh hold (it is a step up kind) all the while not stepping one foot in the house hehe. I thanked him so much and he left.

investigating the box and I think they are communicating with the house hehehe.

Hugs,

Bec

I'm so glad your BH has arrived. You'll love this house.

I always get a kick out of the parcel delivery people. My "regular" Post Office person: Dan (hey, don't we all know our parcel delivery people's names). He's fantastic. He always brings everything right inside - stops to talk - is interested in what I'm working on. If I miss seeing him for a couple of weeks - he always laughs and says "you'd better get busy and order some more miniatures" .... love his philosophy.

Some delivery people come in .... others even stand down a step on the front stoop.

-Susanne