MO Minis

Today was our first official meeting.

we gave ourselves a name and had show and tell and worked on Glue flowers and bead bottles.

we will start meeting once a month on sat for 2-4 hours depending on whatever happens.

next month a making glue flowers video to watch

ohhhhhMgosh

the new person in our group from last time makes the most exquisite scenes.....in pocket watches!!!

absolutly WONDERFUL!

she had about 25 and each were unique and wonderful....and noooooo i didnt have my camera and I didnt take photos. dern dern dern!

just had to share....we played for about 3 hours today!

just too much fun!

nutti :whistle:

MO Minis ... and mo' and mo' and mo' and mo' and ... can't ever have enough! :whistle: I love the name! Wish y'all were closer to mid-MO! How many in the group so far?

Nutti -

What great news! How many are in the group? Did you just get together at somebody's home?

Our miniature group has one meeting each month and 2 workshops. I haven't been to one since before Christmas. The meetings/workshops are at 7 P.M. and are held in a church basement. There are about 50 members, but from what I hear as few as 9/10 have been showing up. It's been a very hard winter in our city, and I've just not wanted to take the drive across town. It's about a 30/40 minute drive.

I'm not shy by any means, but realized that nearly everyone in the group had been there since day one. When they arrive they set up the tables in a "U" formation. While they don't have their names on the chairs, they all sit in the same place ... every week ....and there isn't a seat left-over nor is there a space at the table to pull a chair up to. When I went and got a chair from the pile at the end of the hallway, I paused when I saw that there wasn't a space for me. Somebody yelled to me to just pull it up. So I did.

I'll try again now that the roads and weather are better.

-Susanne

Nutti I'm so glad for you that the minigroup worked out well, I hope you've got the start of something wonderful!

and to Missymew, just remember that you ROCK and these chickies would be lucky if you deigned to join them. You're so awesome with your minis that you'd feel like you'd been there from day one in no time :)

there were 5 of us! the Lady who organised the whole thing has a wonderful building with kitchen area display area and 5 or 6 big round tables that will sit 6 people each. so we have the perfect place for this.

next month she is going to put our meeting in the local newspapers in the calender area and maybe we will get some more members. we havent organised anything more than getting together and sharring ideas and working on our own projects together.

it really helped my mini mood!

so much rl stuff going on that minis get moved to the back of the line and than when we do this kind of thing we realise... Hey...I missed this!

next meeting in a month.

nutti :)

hey, nutti, cool news! and what could be MO better?!

the group name is great, and it's super to hear that your minimood is elevated! :ohyeah:

so glad for you, and envious of "them" -- the people who get to hang out witcha. it's likely that the folks meeting with you, and those meeting with susanne, are thrilled at the opportunity to share and learn together, and they'll show it in due course.

hope that the bon temps continue to roulez for everyone. :giggle:

Hello, I'm up in Platte City, MO. Where is this wonderful new group meeting? :o Oh I hope, I hope, it's close enough for me to attend, even if just every now and then. I need the scoop, please. :whistle:

Thanks,

Sandy

awee darn :o

you are closer to KathyB than me Sandy

I am way down south in Carthage...close to Joplin.

good luck finding a group...it really is a great way to grow and make new friends!

nutti :whistle: