Indiana Introduction

MistyStarz

Hi,

My name is Robin Howland. I live in Indiana. I am new to dollhouses. I am working on my first house, that is log cabin. It was partially done. I am adding a porch, shingles and finishing work to it. I have really enjoyed doing this hobby. I think I will really ejoy this forum and will be able to learn from all of you. Thank you very much.

Robin

Welcome Robin: I to am working on my first house, (though you do get addicted and I've got two waiting to build and thinking of a third one already). You will find it is way to easy to get hooked on this hobby. The people on this forum are very helpful and informative. I'm always amazed at the talent shown by the majority of the members here. Most are so creative and do just absolutely beautiful work, and never seem to mind sharing their ideas and work.

So welcome aboard and expect this hobby to take over your life. You will soon be looking at everything wondering how can I make this work in my dollhouse. LOL

Peggi

Thank you all so much for your warm welcome. The cabin I am working on is the Creekside. At least that is what it looks like. The base unit was already put togather. It didn't have a front porch so that's what I'm adding. Mine will look a little different then the one in the picture I found on the internet.

I have already found out that they will become addictive. Tomorrow morning I am going to buy a little house called the Lafayette. I thought it would be fun to build one from the ground up. My 10 yr old daughter is enjoying this with me. I have my eye on some larger houses too, already!!! I will get some pictures taken soon!

Robin :D

Hi Robin! Welcome to the community! I'm fairly new here too and just started on my second house. "Addictive" is a mild term for it, isn't it? :D What plans do you have for your Lafayette? And which bigger houses do you have your eye on?

Deb

oooo a cabin...those are nice.

cant wait to see what you do with it. Im glad your daughter enjoys working with you....my daughter who just turned 14 has little intrest although she does want a house. not just any house...A Markingham Mansion. she says she want s to decorate but whew thats alot of work.

I told hubby he will be doing this one. his daughter... her house... his turn!

ohhh BTW

WELCOME to the forum....sorry I do go on sometimes.

will the Laffete be for your daughter?

Im looking forward to viewing your photos. as a beginner you may not realise how invaluable photos are....besides keeping the eyecandy patrol off your back :D

but as you learn and do it is soo nice to look back and see how much youve learned!

nutti :lol:

Welcome to the forum, Robin :D , my name is Holly and I'm a miniaturist (yes, this is an addiction)

We came back home through part of Indiana this summer and were blown away by the Auburn-Cord-Deusenberg Museum in Auburn, IN, and by the outstanding architecture in Columbus, IN.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Robin! Welcome to the wonderful world of all mini! I am in Indiana, too! Where are you located in this wonderful state? I am up here near South Bend...

We are all eager to see photos of your cabin....AND which BIG house you're interested in! Keep us updated!

To see my BIG house, I invite you to go to this site:

http://community.webshots.com/user/foreverchristmas1904

Hi Robin: Glad you joined! I am new to the Forum as well and am also from Indiana and am new to the hobby. I have already learned so much and gotten so much inspiration it has really been a blessing. Can't wait to see your Creekside Cabin.

Debbie