Any NAME members, here?

uppitycats

I ran across them at the dollhouse shows... www.miniatures.org .. and they seemed friendly enough.. but are there any benefits or advantages to my joining? Their literature claims I'd receive a member magazine (Miniature Gazette), regional newsletters, classes., etc.

Any thoughts?

I am in my 2nd yr with Name.

you do get a bi monthly Gazette with projects and other things in it.

they also do swaps on a much larger basis and have free projects/workshops online

it is also how the woman who is starting our mini group found me and another lady.

like anything else...its what you make it.

I joined in hopes of finding others close to me interrested in miniatures to form a group

and it worked for me :wave:

nutti ;)

I've been in NAME for about a year, enjoyed the Kansas City House Party last fall, my first exposure to a LOT of miniaturists. I'd attend again, if only to see the exhibits of member work. (See some photos in my Gallery.) I flip through the magazine when it comes, but I can't say that I watch for it. I think I'd be a lot more enthused if there were a NAME chapter reasonably nearby that I could join. As Nutti says, as with any organization, it's what you put in that decides what you get out of it.

I attended my first NAME meeting a couple of weeks ago (I am not yet a member). Boy, did I learn a lot!! I learned all about the swaps and events and shows. Plus, the activity itself was how to make different kinds of flowers. Oh boy will that come in handy when I do my flower window boxes for my BH! So that definitely got me thinking of joining.

I think it sounds nice that you could be part of a physical club. Wish there were one here, I'd go for it. I can't seem to get enough minis, make enough minis or find people to talk about minis, with. But that's just me, and I'm still being told I'm obssessed by my DH. LOL

I have been a member for a long time and love it...

I have only been to two conventions..

Had a blast though and it was so much fun to be around other mini nuts!

If you can afford to go to conventions and joining a group near you or just like the online community

I think it is worth it :)