Canterbury

molmrath

I just received the Canterbury I bought off ebay (shh don't tell hubby, he doesn't know yet :flowers: ) and I'm interested in finding out more about it. I'm not even sure who manufactured the kit. Has anyone built one? How big are the rooms? I would love to see pictures of one done up. :dog:

It'll be a while before I can work on it because I have no space for it right now. I probably shouldn't have bought the kit in the first place, but it was so cheap! :banana: I just couldn't resist.

This house was made by Greenleaf. I have two in my gallery here. It's called Mossy Stones (Both of them :dog: they are from the Cantebury kit but a little different) also, Teresa made one too last year this time. It's a wonderful house (on the small side though).

Here is the link to mine. It came with furniture too!

Don't worry.....I won't tell your hubby :flowers::banana:

Hi, Amy, congrats on the new house kit! It's a really pretty kit and easy to put together. I have built one, but left it crafty rustic. The rooms on the second floor are small, like they are not the same scale as the first floor. i don't have the measurements of the rooms, sorry. It's still a sweet house to build :flowers:

Oooh Tracy I love your Mossy Stones. I knew I'd seen a Canterbury done up that I really liked, but couldn't remember where. It was probably yours I was thinking of. :flowers: How hard is it to do paperclay on a whole wall or entire house? I've only done small projects with paperclay so far and the idea of doing a whole house intimidates me. I've considered doing stonework on my Fairfield though.

I have a bunch of off scale furniture that my MIL gave me a while ago. Perhaps it will fit in this house, which would be great because I wasn't sure what to do with it. I kind of figured the house would be on the smaller side when I pulled the box out and saw how small it is. I was surprised at how heavy it is for such a small box though. I'm excited to break it open, but it'll have to wait until I finish up some non-house mini projects I'm working on, and then I need to finish up my halfscale castle kit and then I promised the Fairfield it could be next. So it will be a while. Hopefully we'll be in a bigger house by the end of the year so I'll have room for all of my minis!

Amy, it's not so hard to do. Teresa did her house too with paper clay (She did the stucco effect on hers, I gotta look for the link) :flowers: This hosue is smaller so it is not too hard to do. You gotta try it!! It's a beautiful house no matter if you paperclay it or not. I saw one years ago in a miniature collector magazine. it was stunning too. They used stucco & bricks not paper clay though. I gotta go find that one. It was beautiful and had blue trim.

Here is Terea's Cantebury:

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...m&album=292

Thanks Tracy! I was just going to go searching for the link!

The rooms are really small, especially the upstairs rooms, but I've tried to cram in as much as I can . . . and I'm still adding more! :wave:

It's such a quaint little house, you're going to love it anyway!

Enjoy!!

• 3 weeks later...

I am MAD . . . mawahahahahahahah! :yes:

Here's a current picture of Hyacinth's Periwinkle Tea Cottage . . . Wendy sent me some cakes from her bakery to mine!

post-267-1176334517_thumb.jpg

Hi Tracy,

Wow! I just looked at your gallery and saw you are soo experienced. It's a lovely house. I saw your Avon house, too. I never knew they made any, do you know the year they produced it? Just curious - I like collectibles.

Virginia

Hi Tracy,

Wow! I just looked at your gallery and saw you are soo experienced. It's a lovely house. I saw your Avon house, too. I never knew they made any, do you know the year they produced it? Just curious - I like collectibles.

Virginia

Hi There Virginia! I think they sold this around 2000 or 2001 I know it was before I had my last child

:p

Thanks for your sweet words. This is a TIGHT (as in small) house. Teresa, you have furnished yours so nice! I love that wing chair too!!!

Tracy, that Avon stuff/house is so cool! I never saw any of that when I was buying Avon . . . but then again I was in Canada. Is it still available today?

I don't think it's available now (Except on ebay) and the House came out in Canada about 1 year before it hit the USA. Some of the furniture that was released in Canada was different than what we had available here in the USA. :p

Thanks Tracy, I've been an Avon rep for years and I've never seen the house sold here in Canada but I do remember about 8 years ago, they had the ceramic 1/12 scale furniture for the rooms. They were absolutely adorable and I kick myself all the time for not having gotten them then. But at that time I had no idea I would be interested in dollhouses. Who knew!!

A mini club friend of mine had the Avon house (I say "had" because she passed away suddenly last Fall). It must have been sold here in Canada - as far as I know, she didn't travel.