Missing Piece

Thank goodness. This really made me feel better.

I had a horrible situation with a Duracraft house once and a missing piece. I had to end up making the piece myself after weeks of not being able to resolve the situation. Its left me traumatized.

Good luck with getting your missing piece and starting your new house. How exciting for you to start fresh :fireworks: but also how frustrating it is to have to wait :rolleyes: If you're anything like me, there is nothing worse than waiting!

I was just poring over all my sheets for my Beacon Hill and realized I have some pieces missing, so I will need to order some sheets also. So let us know how soon you get them.

Good luck with getting your missing piece and starting your new house. How exciting for you to start fresh :fireworks: but also how frustrating it is to have to wait :rolleyes: If you're anything like me, there is nothing worse than waiting!

I was just poring over all my sheets for my Beacon Hill and realized I have some pieces missing, so I will need to order some sheets also. So let us know how soon you get them.

Ahhh! There is nothing worse than waiting, especially when your all excited about starting something. Well, I ordered the piece early Monday morning so I will post here as soon as I get it. Im keeping my fingers crossed for getting it tomorrow but who knows.

Sorry to hear about your Beacons missing pieces.

Good luck with getting your missing piece and starting your new house. How exciting for you to start fresh :) but also how frustrating it is to have to wait :jawdrop: If you're anything like me, there is nothing worse than waiting!

Betty I was wondering if you got your pieces yet? You ordered some days after me, so you probably havent but Im still curious.

I havent gotten anything yet. Today will be a week since I ordered. I dont know if thats weird or not but if other people have gotten theirs in about three days, it does seem a little strange. Most of the orders I make for minis take about four days max to get to me, including the weekends. Hope its here soon.

I know that when I had a similiar situation it took appr a week to reach me wayyyy over here in Sweden so hopefully yours will arrive shortly. In the meantime you can do some prep work and sanding LOL so that you are ready to start the assembly real quick when it does show up...

Hugs

If it took a week to get to Sweden, then I dont know what the problem could be with my piece.

I called Greenleaf today around 11am but no one picked up the phone. I left a message explaining the situation and all of my contact info but no one contacted me back. Im supposing they have closed by this time so I doubt Ill get an answer today. Nothing in the mail has arrived for me today either.

Ive thought about doing some prep work on the house but at the same time, I dont want to put in too much work with this situation in limbo.

Did you do as someone here suggested and e-mail Dean directly? I reallly think you can go ahead and work on the rest of the house; even if for some reason they can't send you the piece, surely someone here has the dollhouse and plans, and can give you the dimensions to have a piece made. The wood used in the Greenleaf houses is readily available.

Sorry, Im kind of unfamiliar with the board and I didnt know who Dean was or how to contact him so I emailed Greenleaf today and was going to ask about him to you all tomorrow but tonight, I saw that Dean contacted me through a PM so hopefully everything will sort itself out.

uppity, you did bring up an interesting thing that I had never heard of before though. Just how do people make their own sheets? It would be good to know if I ever buy a doscontinued house and its missing a sheet.

I did make my own parts once for the Duracraft Cambridge house. I had bought that one at a store and it had two missing sheets. Duracraft never sent me the pieces but I think it was because they were closing shop or something. I made the parts out of foam board but it never really held right glued to the wood. It was the whole second floor that was missing. In the end, I didnt keep the house. Maybe if I would have known how to make the sheet from wood, it would have come out better.

Sorry, Im kind of unfamiliar with the board and I didnt know who Dean was or how to contact him so I emailed Greenleaf today and was going to ask about him to you all tomorrow but tonight, I saw that Dean contacted me through a PM so hopefully everything will sort itself out.

uppity, you did bring up an interesting thing that I had never heard of before though. Just how do people make their own sheets? It would be good to know if I ever buy a doscontinued house and its missing a sheet.

I did make my own parts once for the Duracraft Cambridge house. I had bought that one at a store and it had two missing sheets. Duracraft never sent me the pieces but I think it was because they were closing shop or something. I made the parts out of foam board but it never really held right glued to the wood. It was the whole second floor that was missing. In the end, I didnt keep the house. Maybe if I would have known how to make the sheet from wood, it would have come out better.

You had some experience with making sheets with your Duracraft .. only next time, use thin plywood. You can get this at any home improvement/building store, like Lowe's, or Menards, or some store like that. Hobby Lobby and other craft stores even have some thin plywood. A sheet of plywood, a ruler, the measurements, and instructions in hand, and you'd be able to create almost anything. I made new walls that aren't in the original plan for my Brimble; I know others have made new parts, too.

I'm glad Dean got back to you. I was going to look up his address and send it to you, if he didn't see this.