Anyone familiar with this business?

winnie

I have not bought from them directly, but have seen their dollhouse kits at a couple of local shops. Good quality, and they have many historical designs that no one else has.

Which one are you thinking of buying? I love the Rye and the Charleston.

Jeri

I'm thinking about purchasing a dollhouse from Earth and Tree miniatures (dollhouse-miniatures.com) and wanted to know if anyone had any experience with them?
I think holly has..
Indeed she has! I bought most of the series of The Best of the Scale Cabinetmaker from the website for a furniture source (I modified their monitor refrigerator for the Conventry Cottage kitchen) and the web service was excellent, so I wasn't surprised to be delighted to my "in person" visit to the shop! I haven't built any of their kits, because I really like the look of the GL/ Corona kits, but I would like to be able to afford a 1:24 Nottingham to build one day.

I ordered some fabric from them for the Mardi Gras float. Someone from there called to say the piece they had left wasn't exactly the size advertised. She gave me the exact measurements, we decided it would work. They were quite interested in how I was going to use it. It was a good experience. I've ordered a few other things from them, too.

Hey Kathie did you send them a photo of what you did with it?

from all I have heard over the last few years I have been doing this....they sound like not only do they sell miniatures but they make and enjoy them as well!

always a plus IMHO

nutti :)

They do, indeed! The day we were there I only saw & spoke wth Keri, who was landscaping the 1:12 Nottingham and showed me the wonderful plank door she'd made for it; Tom (wonderful person) was still alive and he poked his head in from time to time to chat with her. We spent half the day just looking at things, even DH was fascinated! and that's saying something!

I've been there quite a few times now. Always have to make a detour when we cross the border, no matter what the destination. Keri is a super person as is all her staff. Friendly, helpful and that store is stocked, so stocked that it takes me many hours just to see everything each time I go. I always make the other half bring a book or something to read in the car because he can't handle my minimum of 3 hours in there at a time. That way too he don't see the total on the cash register :wave: