Kozbro houses? Anyone have experience with them?

uppitycats

http://cgi.ebay.com/Country-Estate-Dollhou...1QQcmdZViewItem

I saw this on eBay, and it's intriguing. I'm getting spoiled...so many houses other than Greenleaf's look like boxes stacked on each other...

but this one has a bit of character. Not a bad price (right now!), but has anyone here have experience with them?

that is a great house, thanks for the post!

apparently it's from Sears ?! the seller responded to some inquiries that are at the bottom of the auction, and says the house is 1:1 scale but there's in information on dimensions. i googled around and found another one, same description, with no additional information except that GPT/Kozbro makes 'em in Taiwan.

The "elizabeth anne" -- is that a Greenleaf house? Do you have any pics of it? Now I'm REALLY intrigued, because in "real life" (do any of us have real lives?) I'm named Elizabeth Ann (without the e)... :whistle:

Okay...everyone step away from the ebay watch button! This one is destined to be mine! ROFL

Oh my I love older quirky kits and this is just calling my name..Heidi? Oh Heidi? Bid on me Heidi...You dont need to buy groceries this week..You need me..You want me..You have to win me!

Okay...everyone step away from the ebay watch button! This one is destined to be mine! ROFL

Oh my I love older quirky kits and this is just calling my name..Heidi? Oh Heidi? Bid on me Heidi...You dont need to buy groceries this week..You need me..You want me..You have to win me!

No fair! You have an Emerson Row!!! *I* want this house!!! :):flowers:

No fair! You have an Emerson Row!!! *I* want this house!!! :cocktail::flowers:

Ahhhh, and so the bidding "war" begins :) and speaking of Emerson Row, I am sitting here awaiting it to appear on Ebay :birthday: and that is also why I have a pantry full of staple wares that will keep us that month LOL

Hugs

The "elizabeth anne" -- is that a Greenleaf house? Do you have any pics of it? Now I'm REALLY intrigued, because in "real life" (do any of us have real lives?) I'm named Elizabeth Ann (without the e)... :)

The Elizabeth Anne is a 1/2" scale house that was made by Mcgreedy Emporium but they changed there name (Sheesh I can't remember at the moment but they are located in Illinois). Seems like the name of the company is Oakridge :flowers: But they discontinued all of there 1/2" scale houses and stuff years ago.

I never heard of this new company (At least it is new to me :cocktail: )

The Elizabeth Anne is a 1/2" scale house that was made by Mcgreedy Emporium but they changed there name (Sheesh I can't remember at the moment but they are located in Illinois). Seems like the name of the company is Oakridge :flowers: But they discontinued all of there 1/2" scale houses and stuff years ago.

I never heard of this new company (At least it is new to me :) )

yes! It is oakridge! And if i recall, they used to make the Elizabeth Anne in 1/12th scale as well.

I haven't heard of this company either, but the house looks just like the EA.

Okay I am backing away from this house cause I already got another one! :p

A lady is selling one. not on ebay and I already sent her the payment out yesterday. $90 for the house and $30 for shipping.

Box has never been opened.

Here lies Heidiiii.

She died because of her passion

Send her DH cakes with files in it.

• 1 month later...

No experience with the houses, but I can tell you a little bit about Kozbro, the company, based in Elmhurst, Illinois. They started in 1990 and quickly bought out G. Pierce Toy International, a general toy maker that started in 1977. Note that the house is officially by "GPT Products, a division of Kozbro" -- Kozbro wanted to retain some brand equity while taking over G. Pierce Toy's contracts with major department stores, including (as you discovered) Sears. The brand-name holdover suggests that the house is from pretty early in the merger, so think Christmas season 1991.

The problem with finding out much about full product lines is that G. Pierce Toy produced toys for all of the major national department store chains, and with many companies like that, you'll see different brands for stuff from the same factory, depending on whether the dollhouse was destined to be sold at Sears, Ward's, or wherever.

G. Pierce Toy had itself bought one Pisces Toys, Inc., founded 1981 as Riverhouse Toys, Inc., name changed to Pisces in 1986, and then acquired in 1989. These companies either always sold under department store in-house brand names, or are incredibly uncollectable, or didn't put a brand mark on their products, as I'm at a loss to find out anything about them.

What's puzzling me about Kozbro and their Country Estate is that if you have the equipment to do one die-cut product, you usually do lots more, so we should see either more houses or a line of puzzles or building kits, and I'm not finding that.

Calamari, thank you very much.

I should be getting the package on Monday.

Everyone says I am a really really good Googler and I couldnt find anything. I found the company and then it died there.

Now I will have to figure out scale once it is here. I know I will have alot of help.