I'm so excited

Annette

Friday night I checked the email and seen that our tax refund was direct deposited into our account, well I just had to go do some shopping online :giggle: . I got my arbor for the contest and then went to miniatures.com :yes: . Then on Saturday I went to Michaels and got some supplies for the contest and a few other things.

Then this afternoon Greg came home from work and he asked me to come to his car for a minute. So when I got out there he opened his trunk and asked if this was the same size wood that my dh's are made of :blink: OMG I started jumping up and down. It is the exact same thinkness of the wood in the kits, he had to cut them down to fit in his car, they are 6 feet long by 4 feet wide. He told me that they came in with the last shipment of parts they got in and he's got more if I want them, you can guess what I told him :) .

I'm in mini heaven. :yes:

hey, annette,

very cool. you've done an excellent job of shrinking that tax refund!! good going!

praise the man and pass the mini ammunition, this lady's on a roll!

i just smile for ya. :)

Congratulations, Annette! When one of our old HUGE oak trees lost a big branch in a storm DH cut it into lengths and sawed it into mini boards for me which are "curing" in my mini lumberyard. Now he's on the loodout with the local firewood/ furniture maker for some of the cherry off-cuts they advertise.

Thanks, and I made sure to thank Greg for the great find (I made him a fudge marble cake :banana: ). I already know what I'm using the wood for, part will be for the new roof section on the harrison and part will go to my garfield addition for the outside walls. My arbor came in today so I'm hoping to start that tonight or tomorrow.

So many things to do and not enough time. :(:(

I can truly understand you feeling really happy after both having had a shopping "spree" and then to have a thoughtfull hubby coming home with building goodies like that. He is a definite keeper for sure :( Now we are looking forward (atleast I know I am eager :banana: ) to see what comes out of those pieces of wood.... :(

Hugs