This is cool!

ilovecats

When I got my san fran about a month ago, the box had split open during transit and when I did inventory of the house, 2 pieces were missing....one will be easy to deal with when replacing it, the other was a piece of the tower, it was angled and milled.....Well it arrived in the mail yesterday! (the angled, milled piece)Looks like the seller found it and mailed it off to me!

Today we:

1) cut a bigger hole for my backwards staircase for the Harrison

2) cut a new hole and wall pieces for the Bellingham!

This is exciting....3 awesome things have happened!

Pictures to follow in my Blog very shortly!

I am really excited about all of these things....one reason I didn't start my san fran before the Bellingham is due to the missing pieces....

The new hole and the wall extensions were holding me up to work more on the bellingham.

The new hole in the Harrison is just one less thing to have to do!

I'm looking forward to seeing your progress. Sounds like everything is coming together and how cool that the seller realized the piece belonged to you. That's great!

:blink: I'll go post the pictures now!

What a great day you seem to have had Margarita, a good seller to recgnize the part missing and remembering who it was for as well.

Now I am looking forward to the pics of the progress as well.... :blink:

Hugs

Here's a picture of the missing part....I'm just so happy that I don't have to fashion a replacement

Whew! what a sigh of relief! the box arrived without a note or anything...i'll have to dig back thru my ebay transactions to see if i can find an email address so that i can say thank you....if not i'll send a thank you card to the address on the box.

Isn't it great when a seller is so honest. :blink:

Absolutely! Just confirms my opinion that most people want to be honest and do the right thing! She could have just tossed it in the trash and I wouldn't have ever known.

I never mentioned to her that i was missing two pieces or that the box arrived in bad condition. What an awesome thing for it to just show up on my doorstep!

I just emailed her to say thank you! :wave:

wait a minute.

I just looked at your blog and you're building 3 houses at the same time?! OMG

And not just small houses, but they're all huge. I wish I had enough space to be doing that!

Yeah, he's pretty... spoiled. He's my baby. What color are you doing your San Franciscan?

Our babies are spoiled as well :wave:

I'm not sure yet, it will be awhile before I start it, so i haven't thought to much about it yet. I do like the idea of a darker body with lighter trim....a couple of different trim colors. Whatever I choose will have to co-ordinate with my MHM, i'd like to have them sitting side by side. I haven't built that one yet either. :blink:

Marg -

Thanks for sharing with us the story of the honest ebay seller. It's a good reminder that most of the sellers are good people who want to do the right thing. I'm also pleased that everything is going so good for you today. You are a very good builder and I so enjoy viewing your work (funny word to use for doing something that we so enjoy).

-Susanne

Here's a picture of the missing part....I'm just so happy that I don't have to fashion a replacement

Whew! what a sigh of relief! the box arrived without a note or anything...i'll have to dig back thru my ebay transactions to see if i can find an email address so that i can say thank you....if not i'll send a thank you card to the address on the box.

Yeah!!! :blink: I'm so happy for you plus I'm no longer feeling guilty for not being able to trace the missing pieces for you since I had already glued them when you asked. That is really awesome of the seller!! :wave: It is nice to hear a positive ebay experience after the last few horror stories.

The Bellingham is looking good. That is one huge bathroom!! Can't wait to see it done.