I started my own Pierce

peggyquade

post-924-1168880637_thumb.jpg

Here is a picture of my Pierce so far. I am adding a two story piece to the end of the living room and I'm widening the porch, extending it all the way to the end of the kitchen. I'm also eliminating the angled wall between the kitchen and dining room, making the dining room and entry way bigger. I think this will make what I think is kind of a cramped entryway into a more spacious area. The addition is going to be a bathroom and a library on the first floor and a bathroom and master bedroom on the second floor. There will be a full length chimney on that end of the house so that I can put fireplaces in the library and master bedroom. There are more pictures in my gallery.

Peggy, thanks for posting such details pictures! I want to add a two-story addition to my Pierce as well, so it's nice to know what I'll be facing. And extending the kitchen is brilliant; it was looking a bit cramped in some photos from finished houses.

this is fascinating to see, and your ideas are super!

the kitchen does feel cramped, and more rooms, cool!

it is looking really great. thanks for all the photos. :)

Ooh, brick with stone quoins sounds really cool! That would look nice with the fancy chimney I'm going to make. Maybe with lap siding on the second level? I haven't decided what I am going to do with the outside of this Pierce. I'm open to all sorts of suggestions! I know the inside is going to be a lot of nice wood panelling with lots of carved details in the baseboards and cornices, wainscotting, those coffered ceilings and lots of rich, jewel colors like teal green, deep blue, burgundy, etc. Maybe "leaded" glass windows with a few stained glass windows.

I have a question...the replacement windows for the Pierce...if I get those, I shouldn't put on the inside or outside trim that comes with the kit, right?

Maybe with lap siding on the second level?
Why not shingles? Particularly fishscale shingles, or a combination of straight-end and fishscale in patterns?

the inside is going to be a lot of nice wood panelling with lots of carved details in the baseboards and cornices, wainscotting, those coffered ceilings and lots of rich, jewel colors like teal green, deep blue, burgundy, etc. Maybe "leaded" glass windows with a few stained glass windows.

Ah, another fan of William Morris!!!