Mommy's gettin a house!!!

lumberjacksgurl

Ok...seems like I am go to go to get a Tennyson. Got a deal, no shipping, no exchange no duty :music_band:

I am happy about all of that :groupwave: no onto my plans for it......

After doing Izzy's huge house, I was having trouble just settling to do a house, I wanted more of a challenge. Had to look at availability of houses to me and price of course. So I settled on the Tenny and got the pad of paper out as someone reccommended and started sketching my ideas out.

I want to remove the double level walk porch. I will also move the upper level right side door and it's little roof and put it over on the left side. Really just swap the two upper level sides.

Next I will add a Victorian gazebo porch on the right.

I also want to add a flat roofed addition to the left side, like a garage or conservatory. There will then be a sundeck that can be accessed from the moved upper side door. I am hoping that all this will make the narrow "bay" portion of the house stand out a little more also.

I imagine that one can buy bulk gingerbread trim and shingles etc to co-ordinate all so that it flows nicely to the eye.

Now my question to all of you seasoned builders......Am I off my rocker??? :cucumber: or is this doable and what suggestions do you all have? Can the two walls be swapped on the Tenny? Input please before I go helter skelter and spend a wad of cash.

Jack'sgurl

If the two sides aren't totally swappable (is that a word? lol), you could always make a wall out of foamcore. Your plan seems doable, but it's hard to know what the left wall of the Tenny looks like. I keep wanting to turn the picture! :doh:

Kathie I have a pic of all the sides in my album if you want to look.

I just looked and the porch side is two pieces. You would just have to cut the full length wall in half. ( measure first of course) You know it may just be easier to cut a new door way. Either way I don't see that it would be a problem.

Sounds like you're going to have alot of fun, Michelle. I can't offer any advice since I haven't done any kitbashing but I don't see why it can't be done.

Good luck and let us watch as you progress with this, ok? Take lots of pics.

Wellllllllllllll..........APPARENTLY my plans are on hold for now as my win is :D !!!!!!

At four seconds all was well........then came the you did not win email. ;) :drool:

I asked hubby to go out and get :yes: that person...I was soooooooo excited to have a plan then soooo deflated!

Now I will have delay the happydance , put a hold on the :doh: for another day and file my sketches for now.

Nobody would happen to have a Tenny that they would donate to a distraught gal :w00t: to put her on :thumb: .........ok it was a retorical question....who in their right mind would give up a house? :yikes: we would have to see them committed then lol

There will be another Tenny and I will follow through another day!!!