Orchid for a penny!!

lumberjacksgurl

I hope that someone I know goes and gets this. This is an orchid kit and it is at a single penny. The guy will not ship to me :music_band: just beacuse I am in Canada. :groupwave:

Just a few hours left....and he has another one for a penny for a couple more hours than this one.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...p;rd=1&rd=1

Jack'sgurl

The Orchid starting bid is a penny, but the shipping almost $40.00. It seems that is where they are expecting to make up some of the costs on selling the Orchid for so low a starting bid. Does anyone know if e-bay listing fees are tied to the final cost of the item? This was might be less costly for the seller.

When I made my first ebay purchase in November the seller told me he never buys anything without the shipping price posted as shipping. Even if they email it to you they do not have to stick to it and many will not post it so they can make up for the low selling price.

I was suspecting something like that. But I am still ticked lol!!!! I had been thinking at that price I could do that one up for the infant development team to fundraise or give to a deserving child as a way to show our appreciation for the work they do for our Izzy.

Gotta go check on my other find :music_band:

Jack'sgurl

This person has been auctioning Orchids at this price for over 2 months now. It's dumb to pay that for shipping.

Especially when they sell them at Hobby Lobby for $24.99. I know everyone isn't lucky to have a Hobby Lobby around them, but it's my opinion. I've picked them up for my friends and mailed them too them and it cost just $10 to ship. The ebay fee's aren't added into what the buyer pays, ebay gives the seller a bill for the fee's. Ebay just raised their insertion fees too. Even covering all the ends, he is still crazy to ask the $39.99 shipping cost.

Actually, according to ebay rules and policies, a person is not supposed to be able to do this and stay in good standing with ebay. But I see it happens all over ebay all of the time.

I never bid unless I know ahead of time what the shipping is. If it is not listed, I have them email me the quote and I fix it so they can only email me through ebay so that there will be proof just in case they try at the last minute to change it! (I have had that happen too)

If the seller is using paypal or ebay to print shipping tickets then that amount will be used when it's printed out. Which in turns the sellers does actually get a penny. But in this case, seems like the seller is making money off of shipping. They can go to a post office or ups and manually get a shipping ticket from them which will probably be about 20 bucks. THe box isn't so big. Either that, or do what I do, use the UPS account under the company I work for and I pay for jack and pocket the 40 for myself.

I heard a rumor that greenleaf was going to cut off sellers who sold houses on ebay for a penny. (they won't be able to buy wholesale from greenleaf)

No one selling my products in this manner is an authorized Greenleaf retailer. They are not buying the houses from me. If I had a way to control this, believe me I would. Usually a deal that is too good to be true, usually is... from what I read here the delivered cost for this house is starting at $40.01 and not a penny. It is my opinion that selling items on eBay where they back load the shipping cost is deceitful.

Thanks!

Dean

I do completely agree with you Dean. When I made my enquiry about shipping I had suspicions already. Most of those kits are going for around the $40 mark. Honestly I look at ebay because I am looking for a deal. Have not got a house as yet to do for myself but would really like to.

To get an Orchid locally it is $70!! Forgive me if I atleast look at one for a penny...but fear not, he would not even ship to Canada. I would love to get a BH but the cost is $340. I am always looking to get the greenleaf product at a price that I do not feel penalized by living north of the 49th. Shipping costs kill. And the "local" prices are actually over a hundred miles away so a full day of travelling and fuel also must be factored in. The cost just keeps getting worse.

Someday I hope I find a good deal with fair shipping and 50% off would be wonderful too!!! I would buy most of the line then :)

I'd beware buying from this guy as he has a number of negatives. From reading some of them

I suspect that he gets his money for the kit from the shipping. Yes that is exactly what happens with sellers

many times. They are trying to save on the final value fees and I hope someday soon that Ebay puts a stop

to that practice. I'd much rather pay exact shipping and bid what I feel the item is worth.

Kat