My New Avatar

Hallowell

she is gorgeous. and surely she knows that!

has she see the commercials where some of her kin sell real estate? does she approve, or consider it undignified?

ps:

the cats who live here are jealous, and nagging me to get a digital camera so i can post their pix.

i've reminded them (again) to get jobs, and then we'll talk.

What a beauty, Greg! Makes me miss my 'Merlin'. He was part Siamese and a gorgeous fellow . . . loved to talk to me too! :(

What does everyone think they are more like - a cat or a dog. I am like a dog. Just plowing through without a thinking first.

Yep, that's pretty much me too! :(

WE think she's 3 years old. She was found as a stray by a local antique dealer and we saw her in her store. We took her home a couple of days later and she's been with us ever since. We've had her over two years now. We know that she's a Ragdoll but are not sure if she's 100% Ragdoll. A local breeder thinks it's possible. But it doesn't matter. She's still our baby no matter what. :(

This photo is of Simon who was a backyard stray over the summer. I found him a lovely home in September. I would have loved to have kept him, but my two cats wouldn't accept him. He had an awful lot of Ragdoll in him. You could pick him up with one arm and he would just lay draped over the arm. Incredibly affectionate. I keep in touch with his new family.

Do you think that Sapphi knew that when that photo was being taken that it would be posted for national (and international) viewing? She looks like she loves to pose.

-Susanne

How pretty.... how do you add your own photos for avatars?

I'm new and clueless....I tried changing to my own avatar and it came about type of file and the need url.....

Thanks

Charlotte

:( Hi Susanne, what a beautiful kitty. :( We would love to get Sapphi a little buddy or two but she just does not play well with others. She also loves to just drape herself over us and she needs to constantly cuddle with us. And yes she's a huge ham and loves to have her picture taken. If she would just keep her eyes open when I take the pictures. :(

Susanne, I think you are absolutely right about us getting our fuzzies so that we'll have someone to have our worlds revolve around! I know that's partially why I have mine, and the other reason is I saved all 4 of them from mean former owners :banana:

I also have a ragdoll, my little Cocoa boy. When he was a kitten, he was really abused and neglected, so when my (now ex) friend got him, he was severly underweight and covered in fleas, and terrified of people.....she got him cleaned up but she had so many cats that he never got his weight....he's a very meek little boy....and then her *expletive deleted* boyfriend told her she had too many cats and that if she didn't get rid of Cocoa, he was gonna take him out back and shoot him to death with a shotgun. Yeah, there was absolutely no question of whether or not I'd take him. :ohyeah: It just made me so sick that anyone could want to do that to a perfectly harmless baby.......I've had him for seven years now, and he's finally getting chubby...and he's just the sweetest cat. He LOVES to cuddle and give kisses, and he just sits there and doesn't freak out when people hold him like they would a ragdoll ( like my little nephews).

I just don't know how people can be the way they can be....I know it was 7 years ago but it still makes me mad...and I wish I could save all the kitties and puppies

post-1573-1167679880_thumb.jpg

(This is my B-I-L holding Cocoa)

Miz Saffi - what a wonderful name! -- serves as a superb reminder of why we're all here, cluttering up the planet with bipeds. FWIW, i think that we're here to help one another, and to tend the other creatures and the growing things.

thank you for the photo, and the kitty rescue, jen :ohyeah:

this xmas i treated myself to reading The Cat Who Came for Christmas, cool book. the author is an animal rights activist, among other things, and the story is of his adoption of a stray.

with obeisances to all meowsers, meece, hamlets, and pups,

Jen -

Cocoa's story touched my heart. A few years ago my sister-in-law phoned me from the Safeway store where she was working in customer service. It seems that two cats had been left in a kennel in front of the store entrance. It was a hot August day and there was a note taped to the kennel "I can't keep these two cats, my boyfriend won't let me. Please someone adopt them."

Anyway, my SIL, Jackie, called and asked if I'd come and take them in until we could find a home for them. Jackie still had several hours left on her shift and she and my brother already had 3 large dogs and a cat sharing their home.

I picked them up and bought them home. They were filthy and scared. I bathed them and put them in our spare bedroom with all the cat necessities. I had 3 cats of my own at the time and didn't want to frighten them anymore than they already were. The male cat was huge and he was very protective of the petite female cat. Even though I only had them for 24 hours, I called them Barbie and Bruce. Through their ear tatooes, I traced their spay/neuter records. The very next day my SIL and I found a lovely home for the two cats where they could stay together. I've kept in touch, and the cats are very happy in their home. I also wrote a letter to the lady who'd "abandoned" the cats. I let her know that a good home had been found. I felt sorry for the woman's plight. Mind you, if it had been me in her situation, I would have dumped the boyfriend rather than the cats. Mind you, she was probably in a difficult relationship and might not have been able to leave it that easily.

-Susanne