My New Avatar

Hallowell

Hi Jen, I loved your story, we are not here to abuse or use animals for our needs but to take care of them and share the planet with them. We are here only once and so are they and we should all make the best of life for each other taht we can. Thanx for the inspiration Jen. :)

Lucy is about 2 years old. They found her walking the streets in Knoxville, TN. She was already housetrained but scared to death. It took us a while to get her used to us and the house when we brought her home. She kept wanting to hide. 2 years later she's just part of the family and the joy of my life. We take her everywhere with us that we can. We crate trained her first. Now we don't need to put her in the crate any more. She sleeps in the bedroom with us on her own little bed set up on hubby's side of the bed. She follows us everywhere we go and she is addicted to food particularly potato chips. :o

Kat

Lucey is such a cutey. Sapphi was a stray we found living in an antique store and took her home. She was never really shy, about an hour after we brought her home I was laying on my back in bed watching TV and she jumped up on the bed and onto my stomach. She fell asleep 5 minutes later cuddling against me. She has slept this way almost every night since. :o