Happy Day!

MiniMadWoman

I'm so happy and excited! I ordered my lighting, flooring and wallpaper for the Willowcrest today! :)

Now I'm going to clear some space and pull it out of the closet . . . finally! I can hear it doing the 'happy dance' behind me!! :)

Darn . . . I just saw this thread . . .

HBS 26% off sale extended, until Friday, Dec 29, 2006, noon EST

I shoulda just joined in there!! :p

Edited by MiniMadWoman

Teresa this is GREAT news!! oo your going to do a blog on your building progress right? you better!! I cannot wait to see what neat touches you ad to this truly incredible kit!!!

Just how big is the Willowcrest? Is it as big as the Beacon Hill? I've been in love with that house since Nutti built hers.
Thanks for sharing the dimensions Wendy! Don't let the differences fool you . . . this house is HUGE!!

What color do you have picked out for the exterior?

Right now I'm thinking a deep cranberry color . . . but that could change as SHE starts to tell me what SHE wants! :)

I started on the house today . . . it is so hard to punch out pieces from dry wood! My fingers and arms ache! :) I got some of the shell together and built the first floor staircase. I'm starting a blog tonight so you'll see pictures and comments in my blog section. I'm pooped! :)

please remember to deocrate the first floor stairwell BEFORE installing the outer wall!

you will NOT be able to decorate if you put it all together first!

soooo excited to see my favorite house being built again.....I adore this house

and as for bashing it to make larger...well my dream is the 2 houses together....oh you are so lucky to have both houses to sit side by side....when you get that far do take a photo for me!

I can add it to my plan book.

nutti :)

I started on the house today . . . it is so hard to punch out pieces from dry wood! My fingers and arms ache! :) I got some of the shell together and built the first floor staircase. I'm starting a blog tonight so you'll see pictures and comments in my blog section. I'm pooped! :groan:

your telling me :) I lost count on how many splinters ive gotten while building this house :banana: i have been using LOTS of sand paper!! but she sure is worth it :frusty: I love your color choice, i wanted to gow ith a color similar to that, but just like you said. once the house speaks its mind you cant turn it off!! :)

please remember to deocrate the first floor stairwell BEFORE installing the outer wall!

you will NOT be able to decorate if you put it all together first!

Oh Nutti! Thanks so much for the reminder! I was thinking, okay, stain the staircase before installing it, totally forgetting about the decorating! See, sometimes thinking out loud pays off!! :)

Now, I have to wait (impatiently) for my order from HBS with my wallpaper!! Darn weekends and holidays and, well, I won't go there! :)

Once I get the exterior done and painted I'll take a picture of it beside the Beacon Hill . . . I'm going to be in La-La Land when that happens! Does one really have to live the 'real' life?!! :banana:

I love your color choice, i wanted to gow ith a color similar to that, but just like you said. once the house speaks its mind you cant turn it off!!

Well, SHE has spoken and SHE doesn't want to be cranberry . . . SHE wants to be green. Can you imagine? I mean, green is my favorite color, but totally not what I was expecting to paint this house with . . . however, I can't turn the 'voice' off. SHE wants to be green! We'll see what SHE says a week or so from now when I'm actually ready to paint! :)

I know exactly what you mean, Teresa. When I was building the Jefferson, I wanted a cream colored outside with green trim but it screamed GREEN at me. I couldn't imagine a green house but that's what I did. I reversed the colors and did cream trim instead and I loved it.

it is so hard to punch out pieces from dry wood! My fingers and arms ache!
Uh, Teresa, honey, that's one of the things I use my utility knife for...

deocrate the first floor stairwell BEFORE installing the outer wall!

Aha! Thanks for the heads up, Nutti, I wish I'd known that with the Glencroft, nothing like installing stair carpet oround a "blind" corner!

Darn weekends and holidays and, well, I won't go there!

But they are so nice for giving time to work on minis. It's a trade-off.

Uh, Teresa, honey, that's one of the things I use my utility knife for...
Ah, really?!! Is that what that thing is used for?!! :huh: Seriously, I did use a utility knife, what do you think held the darn thing though . . . fingers of course!! Oh, and I also used a hammer! :laughbounce:

But they are so nice for giving time to work on minis. It's a trade-off.

You're right about that Holly, but it's not so great when you're waiting for the mail!

When I was building the Jefferson, I wanted a cream colored outside with green trim but it screamed GREEN at me.

Wendy, I'm going to check out your Jefferson right now. I remember seeing it before, but I need to revisit it! :wub:

Wendy, the house is absolutely gorgeous! You've done an amazing job and have given me so much inspiration! The parlor is just so special . . . wonderful job!!

Edited by MiniMadWoman

Thanks Teresa. I brought all the pictures over here to the Gallery for easier access. The Jefferson will always be a special dollhouse to me mainly because I tried so many things that I had never done before such as wiring and lights, printing to fabric, making bricks for the fireplace and so on. I must admit it was a great experience!

This is another house I wish Greenleaf would bring back. The fireplace and bookcase are a terrific addition to the kit.

however, I can't turn the 'voice' off. SHE wants to be green! We'll see what SHE says a week or so from now when I'm actually ready to paint! :laughbounce:

She's a very determined house (even if she's somewhat fickle). I started out thinking she'd be done in shades of green, but when I went to get paint chips, I ended up with a handful of roses and plums. I thought we'd made our final choice, but when I went to buy paint the other day, I walked out with the original grey and green. It's taken a week to decide on the final choices for the interior colors (lots of burgandy as it turns out, but she's still debating about the living room and bedroom). I was going to bash the kitchen bay and she said absolutely not. The one thing we've agreed on completely from the start is the grand ballroom design........well, almost. She said she wanted marble floors first, but now she wants parquet flooring in it. (I got both just in case she changes her mind again, but I really want to try the parquet) We're still discussing the shingling design but she says there will be copper in there somewhere and she just *had* to have a schooner weathervane and lightning rods for the roof.

I like talking to this house. She's got personality.

Deb

O Teresa green! what a great idea!! your willowcrest is a smart lady!! oo i think that would look wonderful. Do you plan to do sidepaneling? I tell you sidepaneling this house was a piece of cake! it took some time, but I really think it gave it so much more personality when it came time to paint!!

Deb, you're right, this house won't shut up! She's constantly nattering at me! :lol: I'm way ahead of myself, but I went and bought exterior paint today . . . she definitely wants to be green. I got a shade of green called 'Georgian Green' . . . it's very pretty! I can't wait to get painting!! I was also going to do a bunch of bashing, but have decided that the rooms are large enough for what I want to do in them. I'm going to leave out that large chimney on the third floor though . . . it takes up way too much space!

Jenny, yes I'm going to do the siding. I haven't done individual pieces before, so this should be interesting. I've got the shingles already, just have to convince hubby that he's the only one who can do it!! :whistle: Anyone got a pound of butter?!! :thumb:

she definitely wants to be green. I got a shade of green called 'Georgian Green'
Ooooooooooohhhh! That sounds gorgeous. That's almost a depression glass green, isn't it? Or in that same tonal group?

I'm going to leave out that large chimney on the third floor though . . . it takes up way too much space!

<nodding in agreement> That lovely open floorspace is too inviting to break it up. I'm leaving out the second floor staircase too. I'd rather have room in the bath for more Reutters and give the illusion that the stairs to the third floor are behind the domer.

Aren't you surprised with how big the rooms are? I thought the kitchen was going to be much smaller till I got it in dry fit and was quite happy with the space there.

Deb

Im so excited there are more people building this house now! the entire time of my build i refered to nutti's webshots and it was so much help! i left the chimney in on the 3rd floor but i am considering cutting it out! give my little girls room some more "room" :(

pics pics and more pics please!