Glass or clear cookie jar???

Quirky

Anyone know how to make one of those glass cookie jars??? I have some beads I could use for the tops but haven't come across anything I could use for the actual jar :lol: Anyone have any ideas...i've drawn a blank...

Thank you all...I actually found several places that sell them but they are already filled with stuff and I want to do some special stuff in them that I made... I hadn't thought about vacine bottles..I'll check that out...I've made a few out of polymer clay but I need several that are clear so you can see the contents...I'll find something somewhere I'm sure :lol:

Would cutting clear straws into suitable lengths work? You could glue the bottoms to clear acetate, and cut around the bases when the glue dries. If you can find jumbo clear straws, it might be okay. :lol:

I have heard that pet shops with aquarium supplies have various sizes of plastic tubing.... While you are picking out shrubbery, gravel and stones for landscaping, check it out.

Peggi, excellent idea re: plastic spray bottle caps. Have to have those mini-eyes open all the time, don't we?

I've been looking for a glass jar look-alike for some time now, too.

I found a clear jar with a lid at HBS/miniatures.com, Item #881100, if you're up to purchasing one.

Clear Glass Jar $3.29 It says the scale is 1 -- not one inch, but just 1 -- and doesn't give the dimensions. I've ordered one just to see if it's big enough for a cookie jar.

I've looked at straws and plastic tubing, but haven't yet found any with a large enough diameter.

wow....those are a ton of great ideas :D:) I even have a bunch of fish tank tubing...didn't even think of that !!! yep...those mini eyes have to be open and WIDE open all the time :D:)