No Willowcrest for Me

Blondie

Well, bidding ended at $158.50. Someone came in late into the game and jacked up the price. I sat here refreshing for about 15 minutes, thinking maybe I would get it for $93.00. I put my max at $125. I decided I would NOT allow myself to spend more than that. But I can't help but notice how disappointed I feel at losing it. :cloud9: Especially after watching it for 6 days.

Just so I know for future reference, what do you think is a reasonable price to pay for a Willowcrest. If it is too much, I fear I will never get one. :)

Blondie Im so sorry you lost!!! especially with that house too! i did see a few of them up on ebay this morning though.. maybe try again?

I got mine on ebay for 100.00 plus shipping. I would pay up to 150 for this house now that I have it now. Im so in love with it its ridiculous!! Im gonna go check ebay right now and if i see a few more i will send you the links :)

EDIT: Well i just got done looking and no luck. which is So odd because i know i saw 2 this morning. maybe the bids just ended on them. i promise i will keep my eyes open for you and will pm you the link if i find one!!

Blondie, I'm sorry you didn't win the kit, that' s abummer when you don't win. That is a high price for a willowcrest, they don't usually go that high. I know you will get one soon!

I just lost out on a vintage kit myself a few minutes ago...i was watching it all week! Ah well yah win some, you lose some. I win most of the items I try for. I just wasn't willing to bid as much as the other person was. :)

Hi, Blondie,

Sorry you didn't win. I know how it feels. It is worse than a bummer sometimes. Especially when you have watched it for days, anticipating what it will become. Been there, done that.

But, there will be another, there is always one more out there, and it may be waiting for you. Look at this as an opportunity to finish other projects, so that when it comes you can give it your undivided attention.

Wishing you success--- Hang in there---You will get one!!!!

Nancy

I'm sorry you didn't win the Willowcrest, but you can look at it this way, the ones that come in at the last moment and overbid have to pay the price and you don't, they pay too much and you can always try again.I'm sure another will come your way.

Sorry to hear you didn't get it. When I looked on ebay last night I noticed several Willowcrests. Looks like they all ended or were Buy It Nowed. Keep looking and be patient. You will get one at a better price.

You can set up and save a favorite search on ebay. When an item is listed that matches your search, ebay will send you an email to let you know. That way you don't have to haunt ebay, and you won't miss noticing when another one is listed.

good luck and happy hunting!

~Minnie

I feel better about it this morning. I started telling myself that maybe the kit was really old and not in as good of shape as another I could get later. So I'll keep hunting. Plus, I really should crank out more work on my BH before I let a huge stack of other dollhouses start filling my apartment...yeah. That's it! I will learn self-control!!!!!!!! (snicker)

well I did it again....I waited most of the evening. sat here till about 20 mins before auction

than DH asked me if i wanted to watch something with him and the kid and Im like sure

and I lost out. not that I would pay that much but this is the 2nd time in 2 months I have done that on a Willowcrest auction.....WHY ;)

I gotta get one of those houses!

nutti :lol:

Nutti I will keep my eyes out for one for you too! i would LOVE to see you build another! i use your webshots pics of your first one ALL the time while ive been building mine!

I would love to see me do another one also! since the first one resides in Florida

and Im itching to do the great bash!

Id like to see it well underway for next Halloween.

all I need is a Willowcrest, Beacon Hill and a greenhouse kit

and it will be on a hill with a basement under it.

my largest undertaking...well in my head anyways

dreaming big

nutti :lol:

I only have two problems with building the Willowcrest, besides the line ahead of it: 1) where I'll put it when it's done and 2) will I live long enough to build it (at the rate it's going & with the kits I have I'm good 'til I hit 243!