Vintage crocheted miniature gowns

peggyquade

I just found an ebay seller that has patterns for fabulous vintage-style crocheted miniature gowns. They are so beautiful! Here's one example:

post-924-1165725744_thumb.jpg

Here's the link to her store:http://stores.ebay.co.uk/House-of-Charlotte

The only problem is that these patterns are for 11 1/2" dolls. :groucho: I've sent the seller a message, asking if the patterns could be adjusted for 6" dolls.

I have a pattern for one of those ensembles I got at Hobby Lobby but they didn't carry the dolls and I haven't been able to find those dolls (they're NOT Barbies!).

You can adjust any crochet design with thread gauge and hook size.

You can adjust any crochet design with thread gauge and hook size.

I spent yesterday afternoon at the Toy and Miniature Museum in Kansas City. One of my favorite things is the display with the tiny knitting, crocheting, tatting, bobbin lace items. There is one cardigan sweater that is no more than an inch from collar to hem and it has a scene knitted into it, but what really knocks me out are the GLOVES that go with it. They can't be more than 3/8", and the individual fingers are knitted ... and there is a repeat of part of the sweater patten on them. I swear they must have been knitted on needles made of stiffened horse hair. Anything larger wouldn't have worked!

Found the web page for these crocheted gowns. They have the dolls available for $14 each. They do sell some of the patterns for a 6" doll instead of the usual 11 1/2" dolls but they are limited. Check them out.

www.paradisedolls.com

I think I will get #30, the Gibson Girl wedding dress in the 11 1/2" size, to practice on. I was told that the earlier patterns are easier to do. Here's a picture:

post-924-1166063761_thumb.jpg

Found the web page for these crocheted gowns. They have the dolls available for $14 each. They do sell some of the patterns for a 6" doll instead of the usual 11 1/2" dolls but they are limited. Check them out.

www.paradisedolls.com

I only saw patterns for a 7 inch doll besides the 11 1/2. Did I miss something?

The dresses are really beautiful!!