After nearly 18 months, the Adobe Dollhouse is almost finished

Well, my friend promises two weeks to completion but we think it will be a month. Both stories are built. Just a few more things:

Final wiring and lighting

Vigas for second floor installed (first floor ones done)

Floors put together

Back wall

Gate door for patio

Finish installing doors, window dividers, (real) glass for windows, one kiva fireplace (other is done), roof for porch using "techo (Spanish) tiles"

I have uploaded Phase 5 pictures to the gallery: Adobe Dollhouse Gallery  Check them out.

It's been a long time coming. Our total cost will be about $1000 to $1500 but with all the sophisticated work, hand carving, etc he has done, we estimate it to be worth at least $10,000 when it is finished. It's a work of love for him and a dream house for us.

Thanks to everyone. She just turned 77 this month and so we're hoping to enjoy it for a  long time. If the family doesn't want it after we're gone, it will be donated to one of the dollhouse museums or to any non-profit museum in NM that will take it.

Coincidentally, we're headed to Albuquerque by train in March. We're hoping to bring the finished pictures with us .This year we celebrate fifty years of marriage at the Kirtland AFB Chapel in ABQ. Wedding was in June.

I'll update the pictures when it's done.

Edited by Husband of Adobe Dollhouse
  • Like 1

Outstanding work and honestly 18 months is not that bad.  Checked out the gallery and lots of great details, especially like the kitchen countertop, patio doors and the terra cotta floor.  Nice touch having it run up the wall as a base.