Hi! Mini Lover in Florida here

Sunnkisstgrl

Hi! :wub:

My name is Megan, and I have been sneaking around this forum for the better part of a month. I am currently building my first house ever, the Glencroft.

I chose the Glencroft because my parents built it for my sister and I when we were very small. Due to life getting in the way, it was never finished, and the little brothers were very hard on it. I remember my mom crying the day my youngest brother poked his finger through all of the beautiful little silk screen windows. Both her and my dad wanted so desperately for us to have a cute little dollhouse.

I am building and decoring this one now, and once completed, will take it to my parents in the midwest. At that point, I will take the damaged Glencroft and hopefully find ways to repair it, and give it to my niece.

Your pictures here in the forums have been mind-blowing, seeing all of the imagination and care you put in to each house. THey are all so different from each other.

I look forward to what I can learn from all of you.

Oh, and by the way, I am one of those long winded member types.

(Pictures will be coming of my in-progress Glencroft)

Cheers, *~*Megan*~* :wave:

Welcome to the forum!

Im so glad you found us!

the Glencroft is one of my all time favorite builds!

Your parents will be soo touched when you give them such a loving gift!

one helpful tip for you...do decorate the back wall of the stair case before attaching it!

I look forward to viewing your photos!

nutti :wub:

Helllo and :wub: to the forum Megan. I hope you take pics of when your parents get to see the new house as well as show us your progress of it.

The Glencroft is a beauty! :wave:

Mini-hugs

Welcome to the forum, Megan, where in FL are you? I'm 'way up here, NW of Tallahassee.

Not sure where yet, but I am keeping my fingerts crossed for near the Orlando area.

There are a lot of nice areas near (NOT in) the Orlando area, Jaimie, my personal fave is Clermont and it's a straight shot in on Colonial Drive to Ron's.

I'm in Sarasota, Florida...

Thanks for all of the hello's.

As for the decorating of the stairs, I am unfortunately stuck at the moment while I wait for my wallpaper to come in... GRRRR :Jumpy: I hate waiting.

I'll try to post some pics this weekend.

It's crazy how much of an addiction this is.... ;)

I remember my mom crying the day my youngest brother poked his finger through all of the beautiful little silk screen windows.

Oh, I can feel for your mother! :Jumpy: I'm sure she'll be pleased to see a nicely finished dollhouse. The Glencroft is one of those houses I would love to build someday. It is such a cozy-looking house. ;)

The Glencroft is one of those houses I would love to build someday. It is such a cozy-looking house. ;)

Me too! :chat:

Welcome to the forum, Megan. Your parents are going to be delighted with such a thoughtful present. Lucky niece to get the refurbished Glencroft. Will you make one for yourself also? :Jumpy:

There are a lot of nice areas near (NOT in) the Orlando area, Jaimie, my personal fave is Clermont and it's a straight shot in on Colonial Drive to Ron's.

Thanks Holly!! My cousin and her family lived in Oviedo, just outside Orlando, and the Lexus dealership in "Orlando" is actually in Winter Park. My cousin says it's about 10-15 minutes from her house and a good area. Then My parents wil be about an hour and a half away in Summerfield and my friends on the West coast in New Port Richey/Holiday area will be only about 2 hours away. Have some other friends in Florida too just haven't mapped anyone else out yet! LOL

Either way, I'll be visiting Ron's when I get settled, no matter where we end up. Since I know it's near my cousin I knw I;ll get there eventually!

Megan, one of my oldest close froends lives in Sarasota. DH's mom lives in Sun City Center, near Ruskin, about an hour north. I wish Haslam's hadn't closed before we could find it. I guess you're halfway between Ron's & Nancy's, so it's not too bad.

Jaimie, be sure to let us know when y'all get settled in. This seems sike a good time of year to move from the "nawth" to FL.

my mom crying the day my youngest brother poked his finger through all of the beautiful little silk screen windows
DGD's cousins did that to her San Franciscan (well, just the oval window in the gable). For this reason I STRONGLY advise people building "heirloom" houses for their very young children to leave the doors and windows OFF until the child is older!

one helpful tip for you...do decorate the back wall of the stair case before attaching it!

Another is if you're going to apply a stair runner over your stairs, do that before installing them, too (LOTS of *magic* words & at least six happy feral cats with that one...); this is the voice of bitter experience. That said, I'd build another Glencroft in a heartbeat (once th backlog's built...).