One step closer...

peggyquade

Bill Fenner, Exec Dir of SHAG here in Seattle, has accepted my proposal to build the Foxhall Manor for their new affordable housing building, North Haven! So now I will spend tonight preparing my official proposal to the woman who owns the kit and wants to give it away. She will make her decision tommorrow after 5pm. Wish me luck! I'm going to include a link to Teresa's fabulous slide show put to music website so the owner can see what can be done with a dollhouse. Whew! I am sooo excited!

Man, it's a good thing my son had a drink made for me while I typed up that proposal. I know I might not get it and I know it will go to a good home, that I am sure of. The owner seems to be quite concientious of her decision-making.

I just finished typing up my proposal. I'm not the most computer literate person so I was very nervous, hence the nice drink at hand! I put a link to Teresa's website (thank you so much, Teresa and Dean, for the timely notification of that beautiful work!), the website that describes the new community being built, some photos of my work, etc.

Whew! I am glad it's done. Now to just set it aside, let things go the way they will and go from there. Thank you all for your positive thoughts and well wishes. If I get this project, lots and lots of senior citizens (251!) will view this dollhouse and I'll decorate it like Teresa did for the holidays, bringing warmth to all their hearts! And of course I'll post lots of pictures of the building progress and when it's in the community, too! Thanks again. You all are the greatest!

*Heidi waving her hands in the air* Peggy will get Foxhall Manor. Peggy will get Foxhall Manor. Peggy will get Foxhall Manor. Peggy will get Foxhall Manor. *Poof*

ROFL. Okay I hope that works..a lil cyber magic..

No call. No e:mail. The ad was removed from Craig's List this morning; when I tried to send an e:mail to the Craig's List e:mail address from the ad, it came back as unknown. I had trouble sending my first proposal...it was too big for Craig's List so I got a message from Craig's List that the e:mail had not been delivered. So I deleted my pictures and re-sent the e:mail and never got any message from Craig's List that it did not go through, so I must assume it went through. Disappointing. But, it's ok. I'm sure the dollhouse will go someplace it will be admired by many. Thanks to all of you for your well wishes! :)

:) Oh, Peggy, I'm so disappointed for you...it would have been a wonderful project and it was such a good cause. Pooh. Well, maybe something equally exciting will happen -- you know, the one door closes another opens? Hugs!