Sharing pictures finally!

Bitsy

Here is a link to the webshots site I downloaded my dollhouse pictures on.

Grace's dollhouse is the one I built last year for my four year old's birthday. I built it in less than 2 months, however there are still some things I have yet to complete!

I don't have pictures of it on the site yet, but I bought a dollhouse alread built and refurbished it for my three year old for Christmas. She unfortunately was a bit too young and broke lots of the furniture and windows and railings, etc. Oh well... she really does LOVE to play with them.

I just started my dollhouse...it is the Windy Ridge from RGT. So far I have the shell done and some of the priming. I'm waiting on my order from HBS so I can install the tape wire and lights.

Just thought I'd share since I always enjoy looking at other member's websites.

Take care!

http://community.webshots.com/user/Pirategirl2006

Wow! Don't know that I could have given "Grace's Dollhouse" to a child -- would have wanted to go all-out in decor & save it for myself :) Yes, I'm selfish :lol:

I've seen the Windy Ridge kits, but yours in the first I've seen in progress-- looks like a beautiful house and I'll look forward to seeing more. You're going to have a ball decorating this one :thumb:

Thank you so much. Grace really does love her dollhouse, she is very proud of it. :) She is also very careful with the furniture and hasn't broken any. Now, her little sister has broken lots, so I've had to reglue quite a bit. Three is not a good age for dollhouses, but four seems to work pretty well.

The Windy Ridge will by "my dollhouse." I wanted to make sure both of my girls had one before I did my own. The benefit to that is I was able to purchase almost all of the furniture before I started building it. It is making interior decorating and building choices so much easier. Now I can put the walls where I want them to go to accomodate the funiture, wallpaper, dividing walls before installing them, etc.

Not to mention how much I learned from the other dollhouses. I have already learned tons from the Windy Ridge that I will do differently on the next dollhouse.

My neighbor's daughter is 12 and she says she wants to build a dollhouse too. I have one bought for her and we even have most of the furniture. But, it is hard to find a time when she is motivated enough to get started. Maybe someday. Her mother passed away last year, so it would be a nice hobby for her to work on with me if she gets lonely.

So, I have my hands full with dollhouse building right now! I love it though!

Thanks for all the comments....it feels good to hear back from the experienced! :thumb:

Hi Bitsy,

What great photos and those are Both lovely houses! I bet Grace's house is something she'll always enjoy - it's definitely something she could pass on to her own children! Can't wait to see the progress on Windyhill. :)

-David

You did a wonderful job on Grace's dollhouse...how did you do the kitchen floor? It's all decorated very nicely! And thanks for sharing in-progress pictures of your Windy Ridge...it's always very cool to see how you get to the final end product! Keep sharing!

Thanks so much. :D

For the floor in the kitchen I used a square tile laminate that looked like wood and just cut with utility knife to fit. It was pretty easy...and only cost about $1. :wave:

I added the stones to the front of the mansard addition. I used the "egg carton" method I learned about from this site. It worked so well. Very tedious, but so inexpensive and pretty easy for a novice like myself to do. I'll attach a piture. I still need to grout though.

Have a GREAT day!!!!!

2557002060098554360yvgeDZ_th.jpg

Thank you! Last night I was working on cutting out the stones for the foundation...I'm cutting them rectangle for a change, and I will chalk them a little differently too. I read somewhere (maybe here) someone say they always try to learn a new skill everytime they do a dollhouse project. I love that concept and am going to have that same motto! That way, I will not get bored (not possible anyhow I think) and that I will be able to expand my knowledge of building miniatures.

Anyhow...I picked up some spackle today and some paint to tint it...so hopefullly I'll have a chance to grout the stones after I get some cleaning done on my regular sized house! :banana:

Oh, I am really wanting to try some stain glass ideas too for this house...that way I can learn two new skills! :wave:

I read somewhere (maybe here) someone say they always try to learn a new skill everytime they do a dollhouse project.

Could have been me! I definitely put on my hiking boots and get out the sticks to mount that ol' learning curve with every house!

Love how yours turned out.