Garfield kit on ebay

peggyquade

I just wanted to let you all know there is a Garfield kit for auction on ebay. It's through Bargain Liquidators which is an "as is" seller...they don't guarantee the condition of what's in the box. But the current bid is only at $35.34...shipping from AZ to WA was $47. Here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Garfield-Dollhouse-Kit...5QQcmdZViewItem

It ends in 7 hours.

I'm with these guys, less than 90% positive feedback is terrible. one out of every ten transactions is either neutral or negative. I try to not deal with anyone with less than 99% positive. 98% at the least, and then it depends on the type of negatives. BTW, they mention box condition, every Garfield I've seen is in a box with a picture on the top. I'm betting that's not the original box, so condition is irrelevent.

I read, in some of the fine print off to the right on the description page that there is no way of guaranteeing that the kit is complete. The scoundrel is covering his bases! Buyer beware!

Well I can't completely agree here. A lot of sellers put this kind of thing in their auctions. ANY opened kit could be incomplete, unless, of course, they opened it. This is a CYA thing. But you do realize this is a 300 dollar kit going out the door for under 50 bones, plus reasonable shipping. The description was right on the money. the feedback would turn me off. And check the feedback out, lots of people complaining that the item did not match the description. I've bought from people with less than stellar feedback, but on checking the complaints were ludicrous. In one case, a guy in Japan gave negative feedback to a seller because his item took a week and half to arrive from the US after payment. THAT type of negative feedback does not deter me from dealing with a seller.

The box that it is in is actually the way I receive my kits from the factory and the real kit in the box is inside. The outer box is considered the "carton" but the "Kit box" is different. If it's missing then it has been opened.

To check all negative & Neutral feedback, I use this:

http://www.toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=...irn=Received+by

It's nice to use when you don't want to go through page by page looking for the feedback.

:wacko:

The box that it is in is actually the way I receive my kits from the factory and the real kit in the box is inside. The outer box is considered the "carton" but the "Kit box" is different. If it's missing then it has been opened.

To check all negative & Neutral feedback, I use this:

http://www.toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=...irn=Received+by

It's nice to use when you don't want to go through page by page looking for the feedback.

:wacko:

So this could be a good buy. No really. Still inside the mailer, so to speak. But, damn, all that negative feedback.

Yeah, I know about their negative feedback but I took a chance and purchased two separate items from this seller and rec'd exactly what the ad had described. Perhaps I was just lucky. But, I wasn't willing to spend more than $75 (including shipping) on the chance that the kit would arrive in one piece so I let it go.

Hard to dispute. As I said I check the negatives. Some jerk complains about waiting 3 days to recieve an item, and posts negative feedback. That don't get my attention. But these guys? When I see negs that state what I got wasn't what was described, and the seller has no reply. That makes me very nervous.