help w/curtains

gemlady

I know its here but can't find it !

What is your thought on how to hang curtains?

I'm to the point on the cantaberry of hanging curtains and i need help in what to use, as in brackets to hold the rods in place any ideas would help

The houses is going to be displayed in puplic and I want it to look good

Donna

Hi Donna ...

I "hang" my curtains with tacky wax.

Or you might put a couple of small brads in the wall just above the window and hang your curtain on them, sort of like hanging a jacket on a hook.

Small cup hooks would work, too.

I've thought about the little velco dots, but I think they might be a little bit bulky for light fabrics.

'Fraid I use the Ray Whitledge curtain hanging method (glue, glue, glue :D ) But, in another time frame, I inserted bent brads and used them as brackets. And by all means use the pleater -- get wonderful results.

I am sorry, Donna. I totally read that wrong the first time around. I think some glue the curtain rod assembley to the wall. Tacky wax, like Kathie mentioned would work well, too. I have some small screw eyes that I got from lowes to hang curtains in my Laurel. I just haven't made it that far yet. In Alysia's Buttercup, I made some window treatment boxes in Illustrator. Once the boxes were assembled I glued a bamboo skewer inside and then glued it to the wall. Wendy, wenelaine, has a valance tutorial in her webshots album, but I don't remember if she says to to attach it.

For my Lily, DH made me wooden rod holders by taking scrap wood and carving a little curved out of the middle which I glued to the end of a small flat board which is hung with velcro for easy removal. Then we used a cut coat hanger for the rod and just laid in the little curve. Hope that makes sense. :D

I use the craft sticks...I glue my curtains to the stick...covering it completly than I glue the stick to the window.

also I have used bamboo skewers for the rod and glued beads to the ends and glued the beads to the wall

nutti :whistle: :thumb:

I use the pin, foamboard and hairspray method (or some sort of stiffener) it what Sue Heaser uses in the curtain book. here are some curtain done by that method, wouldn't do it any other way now.

then glue them in place, look like real curtains

post-315-1161548889_thumb.jpg