Will start on my Sugarplum

Peachie

Opened my dollhouse tonight :) ......will start on it today :) ......I went and got the stuff I need to get started..... :) I've been doing alot of reading this last week and the information I found will be very helpful......

How exciting!! Just jump right in! Don't forget to take pictures as you go along!

:yahoo: !!!! It is ever so exciting to open up the box and start picking out the parts and to get them together so that one can get a tiny glimpse of what it might want you to do with it!

Good luck and yes pelase don't forget pics!!!!

Hugs

Just remember to put a piece of sandpaper between your hand & the wood when you pet it!

Yup, that is essential!!! Or those splinters might take away precious building time... :)

Hugs

Opened my dollhouse tonight :) ......will start on it today :clap: ......I went and got the stuff I need to get started..... :wave: I've been doing alot of reading this last week and the information I found will be very helpful......

Have a lot fun and take a lot of pictures :music_band:

I've got it sealed....will start putting it together tonight...when I get home.....I want to now but something has come up and can't.......I will be ordering off the internet......they are no miniature shops around where I live.....do any of you have any suggestion on places I may purchase things......one more question.....what kind of glue should I use to put the wall paper on..... :D

do any of you have any suggestion on places I may purchase things
I have managed to drop a wad of money with Dollshouse Emporium, I had the url bookmarked on the 'puter that died, but it didn't make into my "Favorites" on this one, you can Google for it, shipping is free on orders over US$100 (when I ordered it was >US&60, but I had no problem spending more) and their catalog is free and their service is excellent. There's Craft Club, www.craft-club.com , where I order Mini Mundus kits for furniture, also good service <ahttp://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/\html\style_emoticons\/biggrin2.gif' alt=':D'> . I have shopped Earth & Tree, www.dollhouse-miniatures.com online, excellent service, as well as the brick & morter store. And then there's everybody's faithful standby, Hobby Builders' Supply, www.miniatures.com , which has frequent sales & coupon deals and excellent service.

what kind of glue should I use to put the wall paper on

I use regular premixed wallpaper paste from the tub that I buy at the hardware store, although I have also used slightly thinned Elmer's all-purpose white glue (you have to watch it constantly for bubbling, though).

Opened my dollhouse tonight :) ......will start on it today ;) ......

What house are you building? :thumb:

What house are you building? :clap:

Never mind I just noticed the title of the post ;)

If money is at all an issue, it can help to check scrapbooking supplies and wooden doll furniture at a dollar store. Sometimes you can find nice pieces! Scrapbook paper makes acceptable wallpaper. They have stickers that are for frames - some soft-foam white "piped" frames that look like embossed ceiling features to me - your imagination sets the limit! :D

One of my favorite sites is www.spminiatures.com

They are a great sourse for nice manufatured things and artisan pieces. I check the new items every weekday. Among today's new items are a shrunken head, a pith helmet, and a telescope.

Jeri

one more question.....what kind of glue should I use to put the wall paper on..... :banana:

YES glue, you can get it from Michael's, or any online craft store. But Michael's is everywhere, so go there.