cari

I finally finished my Beacon Hill!!

I'm a new member twice now. I joined back in 2008 when I dragged the box containing the Beacon Hill up to my work room. That was 7 years ago. Seems like forever but I finally finished it. I was a full-time nurse practitioner during the day and worked on gardens at night in the spring, summer, fall which left me little time to work on this project. But patience and determination have paid off. Now I'm only working one day a week in our clinic but I'm full-time in our archives. As soon as I can figure out how to post pictures, I would love to share with you what my Beacon Hill looks like...done. My only problem has been the lighting....but we're working on that. This past week I inherited a VM-800 Victorian Mansion from Dura-Craft. It needs some work. It's missing two floors and is painted pink. Pink will not last long. I'm praying it does not take me as long to do as it did the Beacon Hill. Building the Beacon Hill was a real challenge. Guidelines don't tell you when to put in the lighting, when to do the wallpaper, when to do all that trim along the bottom, top and in between...but gradually I figured it out. I will try and post pictures soon. Anyone have any suggestions on how to do so? I've never posted. Thanks for any encouragement. Have a great day.

• Like 4

Congratulations, Cari! After five posts, you can start a gallery to show your photos. I look forward to seeing your Beacon Hill

Caritas- Congrats  - now you get to sit back and admire your efforts.  

Welcome home, Cari.  I built my first kit, the San Franciscan model SF555, whilst attending nursing school (at age 50) and it took me 3 1/2 years (I finished up whilst working at the hospital).

Congratulations on the completion of your BH!!!  Can't wait to see pictures. 

I will try and post pictures soon. Anyone have any suggestions on how to do so? I've never posted. Thanks for any encouragement. Have a great day.

When you are in full version of the forum (green background), rather than mobile (blue), you'll see a tiny button labeled Help down at the very bottom of the page. Open that and you'll find a wonderful glossary of all bits of info including the gallery/albums.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By missmiss76541
      My Beacon Hill in process
      I bought the kit back in 2008. I got the basic shell done at that time, but life put it to the side. This shell has moved from Texas to Missouri, back to Texas, to Virginia, back to Texas. I got a little done here and there. I finally got the box back out in the last month, I have the windows almost done, and some of the trim on. I know I'm sloppy, and I get in a hurry. I put some of the household stuff from the giant box in the rooms, not permanently, just to put something in it. I had a metal dollhouse when I was a child, which is now a collectors item, but I gave it to some random little girl. I gave her the plastic furniture with it, but everything else I kept. I've been finding and saving stuff all my life for this dollhouse, hence the giant box. I'm still undecided about the paint colors for it. Here's a couple of my favorite things, cat table & chairs, and table & chairs made from screen and springs.
      I had a friend come over a couple weeks ago, and she helped me a little bit. She said I need some people to be living in there. I didn't keep the people I had before. So, mine is going to be this cat family. For now. I printed 2 out on card stock, one with mirror image, then glue them together. No cost. 
      What's funny is...I live in San Antonio, in the "Beacon Hill" neighborhood. Every other place I've lived here, I used the Beacon Hill post office. Worst post office on the planet. However, even though I live in the Beacon Hill neighborhood, they are not my post office. 

• By SBL
      Good Morning Everyone,
      We are getting the Beacon Hill for my daughter for Christmas for us to build together.  She loves all things miniature (as do I) and will be thrilled with the traditional style.  As a first time builder, my main question is where do we start? Is there a reference book we should have on hand, any tool kits I should buy in addition to the doll house, favorite glue? I would hate to open the box and find we need several additional items, or start and realize we should have done things in a certain order.  I am so excited and nervous to start this project with her and want to be as prepared as possible!
      Many many thanks,
      Sophie
    • By Mcannella
      Hi everyone. My name is Michael and I live in New York. I’ve been building scale model ships and aircraft for a few years but I’m brand new to dollhouse building. Last year I purchased a Greenleaf Beacon Hill kit to build for my niece who is now 5 years old. I’m getting ready to begin the project now to work on during the cold winter months. I’m hoping to have it ready for her by next Christmas.  I’ve been reading through the many excellent posts on the forum and am so inspired by all your creativity and ingenuity. I’m sure I will be back on here many times searching for answers when I get stuck along the way, but the great info I have already found on here has given me a lot of confidence to tackle this project and have fun doing it. I’ll try to share my progress as I go along.
      I hope everyone has a great weekend and I look forward to chatting with you all more in the future. 
    • By Gleise
      I don't like mulions...